Senior Multimedia Editor
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company |
|Benefits:||Medical Aid and Provident Fund|
|Reference:||#Snr Multimedia Edit|
Job descriptionThe senior multimedia editor is a strong visual storyteller, self-motivated, and confident in both creative and technical abilities whilst able to work in a fast-paced but supportive environment. They will be responsible for working hand-in-hand with the design and illustration team, aiding with the creation of assets, then bringing them to life and delivering high quality and innovative motion graphic content that seamlessly integrates with creative marketing campaigns.
Team SLA Compliance
- Meet weekly, monthly, campaign and special creative project deadlines.
- Ensuring assigned tasks have been completed in the agreed timeframe.
Primary: Ideation and animation
Secondary: Project Management
- Create highly engaging complex animations for a diverse array of media, including smartphones, tablets and the web
- Assist in the creation of animation storyboards
- Prepare conceptual layouts for each motion graphics project
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas
- Assist in selecting appropriate audio, graphics and animation styles for the project
- Encoding, converting and editing videos and adding effects to enhance motion graphics
- Organise and bring together raw footage into a continuous whole video according to scripts provided or at the instruction of the internal team
- Contribute to video concepts and marketing deployment ideas
- Support the design and illustration team with photo editing, bespoke illustration and icon design
- Responsible for training and developing others in the use of animation software
- Keeping abreast of advancements in animation as well as new technologies and techniques, contemporary trends in production design and popular music to deliver cutting-edge work
Earned media excellence
- Work with illustrators and designers to understand the project scope and objectives
- Provide initial time estimates for each part of the process
- Discuss and agree the project timeline, narrative structure, story goals and more with the relevant account lead as the project is produced and edited.
- Act as the brand custodian to the brands you work on, developing and crating enticing multimedia pieces, driving Earned Media excellence.
- Take accountability as the Senior Multimedia Editor on the brands you work on, connecting with relevant teams to drive the adoption of Earned Media.
- Preferred: seven+ years of design experience including video production design and animation
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or Motion Graphics preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines, producing work of a suitable style
- Ability to solve an array of challenges through visual design
- Must be able to mediate creative problems to arrive at the best solution
- Manage time effectively, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews work carefully, quality control is key
- Creative, curious, bold
- Digital Native
- Self-motivated, organised and passionate
- Natural diplomacy skills
- Team player
Posted on 04 Mar 13:22