Junior Project Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related |
|Type:|| 6 to 12 mo|
A well-known consulting company are recruiting a Junior Project Manager to work within one of their financial services clients situated in Sandton on a 6 to 12 month contract.
To work alongside a Project Manager and to ensure that all project administration and or projects are managed including minutes of meetings, project plans and to organise and attend project meetings
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to:
Responsible for the following to support the Project Manager:
Personal attributes and skills:
- Meeting minutes, Issue logs, Action logs, Risk logs, Decision logs.
- Ensures the correct documentation standards are applied to all projects with regards to the use of correct document templates and to ensure that all project documents are complete and up to date.
- To attend scoping sessions, to track projects and to ensure that project controls are in place and adhered to.
- Assist in meetings with capturing and distributing minutes and other project related outputs.
- Assist with preparation of project meeting materials and presentations and to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with the defined project plan.
- Should be comfortable to stand in for the Project Manager to run meetings when required and to co-ordinate all project activities
- To project manage less complex projects incl. but not limited to drafting a scope document, risk registers, issues log, status reports etc.
- Assist with meeting scheduling and venue arrangements.
- Update and provide project status and financial reporting in line with agreed deliverables to support the Project Manager.
Education and experience
- Highly adaptable and resilient (Able to work under pressure)
- Ability to work both independently and participate as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to co-ordinate activities with virtual teams of internal or external resources;
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Project admin and process templates, PMLC.
- Operation of PM software tools (EPM / Project Online)
- Project scope and change management
- Risk and Issue management
- Communication management
- Proactive time management
- Project document administration
- Organising and planning project meetings.
- Accurate and effective meeting minute taking.
- Effective stress management
- Action orientated
- Team contributor
Preferred (would be advantageous)
- MS Office Suite
- PM Tools (MS Project/EPM)
- PMI accreditation (CAPM), Project Management diploma (NQF Level 5, one year course), or Business Degree
- At least two to three years of relevant working experience as a junior PM
- Relevant technical and professional exposure
Posted on 03 Jul 14:17
+27 83 685 0688
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.