|Remuneration:||Market related |
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionAre you an experienced communications manager/PR manager looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career working with great brands? Are you a natural communicator who likes the excitement of new challenges and who is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment?
We are looking for a dynamic individual to take on responsibility for the strategy, collaboration, execution and measurement of PR and media relations campaigns, with the goal of building and enhancing a favourable image of our brands with employees, potential candidates, clients, potential customers, influencers and the public.
- PR, communications, journalism or related field
- Needs to have 8 -10 years of experience
- A minimum of three years of experience managing people
- Experience outside of traditional PR creating targeted content is a must
- Build, manage and maintain current and new relationships with media, personalities, influencers and content creators which align to business priorities and objectives.
- Develop strategic collaborations with content creators, media and other relevant parties that support PR strategy and storytelling.
- Champion the crafting of story angles, messaging and contentwhich is relevant for target media and audiences.
- Maximise the cohesion between brands digital marketing and digital PR efforts.
- Develop content ideas for social media, websites, newsletters, press releases and any other distribution channels which support PR strategy.
- Compile and oversee implementation of communication plans, which support global and local marketing plans.
- Flag, escalate and problem solve any PR related concerns timeously.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with marketing teams for new ideas and strategies.
- Become a product specialist and champion by using products to understand how they work and add value to lives.
- Work with Marketing and other internal teams to coordinate budgets, deadlines, objectives, and schedules.
- Track PR ROI regularly to maximize return and tweak plans accordingly.
- Manage internal PR Officer resources.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in global teams with each brand we represent.
- Report back to Communications Exec and internal stakeholders regularly on status, results, opportunities, etc.
- Remain up-to-date with an evolving PR industry and landscape and recognize new and exciting opportunities regularly.
- Great storyteller: Outstanding communication skills (Written, verbal, visual content creation)
- Connection cultivator: Strong relationship-builder (confident, likes to be sociable)
- Persuasive powness: Negotiation and influencing skills
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Proactive problem and crisis solver (Is able to use own smarts to problem solve/crisis manage)
- Self-starter with high energy levels
- Team leadership ability
- Confident public speaker
- Flexible that role could change frequently as well as brand focus.
- Willingness to travel when required (Will require travel to Cape Town)
- Flexible to work longer hours as required
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks in an environment where guidelines and deadlines often change
Posted on 15 Jul 10:29