Senior Credit Analyst
A reputable financial services group seeks your expertise as a senior credit analyst whose core role will be to assess, review, approve and monitor counterparty credit risk in alignment with the relevant credit risk management frameworks to enable risk mitigation. The successful incumbent will require an Honours Degree (Accounts III) with in depth understanding and application of: Accounting principles/financial statements, Quantitative and analytical methodologies, Economics, Risk Management methodologies, tools, governance structures and regulatory requirements (preferable) and Product knowledge.
Duties:Macro-environment - Ensure the analysis, identification and mitigation of counterparty and deal risk through awareness of environmental factors:
- Understand and keep abreast of the critical key macro-environmental impacts and inter-relationships e.g., jurisdictional compliance, sector developments, regulations, financial markets, country risk to analyse and identify counterparty and deal risk profile and mitigation opportunities and threats.
Business Alignment - Understand the business value proposition to ensure that service to business is bespoke and relevant to the context:
- Understand the critical micro-environmental impacts and relationships e.g., company performance trends, financial data, debt profile, gearing, projected cash flows, operations to identify and apply risk management mitigation tactics.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of the business - understand business fundamentals and is aware of key cost and revenue drivers in the Corporate and Investment Banking market.
- Understand the range of product and service offerings provided by the Business Units, understand product differentiators, as well as key revenue generators to ensure that service to business is bespoke and relevant to the context.
Data Analytics - Rely on enabling technologies to establish the objective value of counterparty and sector risk profiling:
- Establish and service relationships with business partners to improve the effective and efficient execution of credit objectives in line with business requirements.
Credit review and analysis - Ensure the preparation of new and annual credit reviews/ ratings and deal transactions for assigned counterparties and monitor assigned counterparty risk and the associated facilities:
- Rely on relevant data to build risk models that are integrated and future focused in order to establish the objective value of counterparty and sector risk profiling.
- Prepare new and annual credit reviews/ ratings and deal transactions for assigned counterparties and monitor assigned counterparty risk and the associated facilities. This may include:
- Client engagement, application of models and templates, analysis of macro and micro factors to determine the counterparty probability of default perform financial analysis of the counterparty financial statements and make an assessment and conclude on the borrower risk including gearing, capitalisation of the balance sheet and quality of assets.
- Perform collateral analysis and recommend loss given defaults (LGDs) using the appropriate frameworks.
- Monitor and action compliance to approved facilities i.e., covenants, excess.
- Partner with the relevant Review Analyst/Team Lead for counterparty reviews, risk exceptions and approvals of annual credit reviews. This includes preparation and presentation to relevant forums and committees for decision-making e.g., Credit Committees, Credit Forums and Deal Conclusion Forums.
Evaluation - Ensure the measurement of portfolio credit management tactics:
- Update relevant credit systems with covenants and other monitoring requirements and exception reports.
Coaching and review - Ensure an environment of knowledge-sharing and collaboration:
- Assess effectiveness of counterparty credit tactics and stakeholder engagement by measuring changes in client satisfaction (business) and other quality indicators e.g., submissions, deadlines met, time taken to process new requests.
- Support and enable colleague induction and performance by ensuring an environment of knowledge-sharing, feedback and inclusion.
Posted on 17 Mar 10:33, Closing date 16 Apr
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.