Assist with technical escalation of issues from the wider support team while also assisting with customer onboarding projects and Cloud migrations as the next escalation engineer sought by a dynamic global IT managed service provider. You will also ensure technical security operations, SaaS services and platform management. You will need current Microsoft certifications in either MS or AZ tracks, preferably to ‘expert’ level, have five + years’ work experience in varying IT support roles with previous MSP experience essential. You will also require proficiency with Windows, Office 365, DNS, SCCM, SCIM, SSO, Azure AD with good working knowledge of networks, switching, routing and traffic management and PowerShell scripting and use for administration and automation.Duties:
- Assist with technical escalation of issues from the wider support team.
- Assist with customer onboarding projects and Cloud migrations.
- Manage escalated tickets and requests.
- Keep customers informed on status and progress of their tickets.
- Technical security operations, SaaS service and platform management.
- Implement automation and service efficiency measures with scripting, coding and development and API integrations.
- Aid customer retention and satisfaction.
- Help to improve efficiency, processes, documentation and automation.
- Current Microsoft certifications in either MS or AZ tracks, preferably to ‘expert’ level.
- Five + years’ experience, multi-faceted IT Support roles.
- Previous MSP experience essential.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting capabilities including Windows OS and applications, email flow and routing, and Office 365 services.
- Understanding of group policy/ADMX within Intune/Endpoint Manager.
- Good practical experience of Intune and device management/compliance.
- Excellent understanding and practical of public DNS records.
- Understanding of best practice security principles.
- Deployment of applications using third party tools – SCCM or other RMM application.
- Understanding of SCIM and SSO with Azure AD.
- Good understanding and practical experience of backup best practices and restore processes.
- Good working knowledge of networks, switching, routing and traffic management.
- PowerShell scripting and use for administration and automation.
- Strong knowledge of the following vendor services extremely beneficial: Mimecast, ProofPoint, Cisco Duo, Exclaimer, Dropsuite, KnowBe4, Datto RMM, Windows Hello for Business, Acronis, Azure IaaS, Azure Backup, Azure Site Recovery.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Customer focused, with an analytical approach with good questioning and listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills suitable for an international audience.
- A confident team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Fanatical attention to detail.
- An ability to learn quickly, and a willingness to study and obtain new certifications and skills (certification will be KPI of the role).
- Dependable, hardworking and self-motivated.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Apply here https://www.datafin.com/job/escalation-engineer-cpt-jhb-pta-2/
Or e-mail a Word copy of your CV to moc.nifatad@nyrat
and mention the reference number of the job.
Posted on 16 Mar 17:48, Closing date 15 Apr
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.