Senior PHP/SQL Developer
|Remuneration:||R40000 - R50000 per month Cost to company |
|Own transport required:||Yes|
As a mid-weight/senior Back-End PHP Developer
you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.To be successful for this development role you must have:
- An absolute minimum of five years experience working in a similar role to that mentioned above, and expert knowledge of PHP, mySQL and Open Source technologies.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Building PHP Applications
- Proficient knowledge in the following back-end programming languages: PHP, Laraval, and MySql
- A strong understanding of PHP5 with proven experience
- MySQL database design, configuration and performance tuning
- Experience integrating front-end templates with back-end functionality.
- Ability to research emerging technologies and identify possible applications.
- Well-versed in, AJAX Web 2.0 and DHTML frameworks
- Knowledge of version control system (GIT) as well as SQL, REST web services and Linux
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Experience with Wordpress or other PHP based frameworks and/or CMS's
- An understanding of Linux
- Knowledge of Web Standards and user-oriented design
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Must be experienced in designing and building scalable back-end systems
- Experience with web services XML/API
- An understanding of Web 2.0 design trends, styles and technologies
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- A high level of skill and experience with layouts and front-end design using Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility including Internet Explorer rendering issues and solutions
If you are a talented Back-End PHP Developer
& you want to work at the forefront of some very exciting projects, the company wants to not only see your CV and links/portfolio but in all likelihood offer you the chance to work for one of the coolest companies in South Africa.Please send the following to our offices:
- A copy of your CV.
- A copy of your Portfolio in PDF (max 8MB).
- A link to your online portfolio (showcasing digital/web/app related work).
- Lastly, some links to websites/mobile apps you've designed/developed.
Please only apply if you have the relevant experience as per our job ad. Our client does not have the capacity to train anyone – you need to hit the ground running.
Your application will be passed to our team of recruitment consultants and should your skills and experience match the recruitment needs of our client, we will be in touch within a 96 hour turn-around time.
Should you not hear from us, please treat your application for this job as unsuccessful.
Posted on 08 Apr 13:13