|What "Life's Greatest" really means...
- Jacaranda 94.2 is South Africa's largest independent radio station - having pioneered the airwaves with fresh, original content across Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and North West.
- In keeping with the station's distinct identity as an original South African brand, Jacaranda 94.2 is proudly bilingual, broadcasting in both English and Afrikaans to more than 2.2 million loyal listeners.
- No stranger to innovation and integration with other media platforms, Jacaranda 94.2 is also leading the pack with its ground breaking online multimedia strategy.
- Jacaranda 94.2 forms part of the highly successful Kagiso Media Group. It's also available across South Africa via DSTV's audio bouquet channel no 158.
- Jacaranda 94.2 is steadily carving a new role for itself as resident 'Community Champion'. Through the flagship Just Plain Breakfast show, Jacaranda 94.2 is consistently aiding those in desperate need via the highly successful Good Morning Angels. This is strongly complemented by Jacaranda 94.2's other CSI projects, including the annual Jacaranda 94.2 Winter Warmer campaign and Sisters With Blisters walk against women- and child abuse.
|Did You Know?
- Jacaranda 94.2 was again voted Best Radio station by Beeld readers
- Jacaranda 94.2 again had double success at the 2011 MTN Radio Awards, with Just Plain Breakfast being voted as Best Breakfast Show and William Scott awarded the title of Best Content Producer
- Jacaranda 94.2 engages a prime target market of 26-49 year olds in LSM 7 to 10, and owns a phenomenal 28.3% of the Gauteng Afrikaans Market Share
- Jacaranda 94.2 is now also heard on the East and West Rands of Johannesburg
- Jacaranda 94.2's Cash Call promotion with Altech Netstar achieved over 248 000 SMS responses and its Double Up promotion over 170 000 SMS responses
- The return of Jacaranda 94.2's 45 minute long play sees prime audiences listening for much longer to a constant stream of world class content and Life's Greatest Hits!
|"Play people more of their current favourite hits, coupled with a few of their favourite all-time classics; give them all the news and info they need to know, along with a healthy dose of the celebrity-factor; keep your competitions and promotions fresh, appealing and entertaining; selectively use other media and events channels that best complement your own and always maintain an interactive flavour. That's what good radio is fundamentally about."
Head of Talent, Content & Programming, Neil Johnson|