Business Technology Support
The successful candidate will be someone with a technical aptitude. The experience level is that of a junior computer technician with specific experience in:
- Basic audio-visual equipment such as TV’s and projectors and sound systems
- Understanding of DSTV setup
- Intermediate computer assembly and setup experience
- Basic computer network experience
- Ability to trouble-shoot technical issues
- The candidate must have a matric certificate and a minimum of six months' experience in some sort of computer-based working environment or similar.
To be the “on the ground” staff for assisting the business with technology-related administrative and support functions. These include administration of these assets, support of technology elements outside of the IBM outsource scope and administrative support for Cape Town-based technology user elements.Technology support (primary)
Asset management (secondary)
- For items which fall outside of the IBM scope, specifically Audio Visual, support and maintain the equipment. This will require regular (at least daily) checks on equipment.
- Quick response to support needs of boardroom equipment.
- This would include boardrooms, video conferencing, teleconferencing and other AV related support.
- This would be in conjunction with Office Services and at times IBM (e.g. Telephony)
- Receive goods and ensure they go to the intended place.
- Track and manage all technology equipment (asset management) in collaboration with the central team managing this.
- Support joiners and leavers process by ensuring new staff are provided with the right equipment timeously and that leavers return their equipment – in conjunction with HR and the central team managing the assets.
- Ensure all technology equipment is kept securely under controlled access.
Team and reporting
- Support human resources team with joiners and Leavers
- Occasional assistance will be required by the Business Technology Manager to maintain compliance elements.
- The people in this role will report primarily to the Business Technology Manager and will be members of the business technology team.
Posted on 26 Nov 14:34