Coach/ARV Treatment Supporter
|Remuneration:||R6450 per month basic salary |
|Benefits:||Discovery Life Cover|
|Location:||Queenstown, Philani Clinic|
|Company:||Community Media Trust|
CMT seeks to employ 1 Coach / ARV Treatment Supporter based in the Chris Hani District, Eastern Cape
and within walking/
close distance to the health facility -Philani Clinic, Queenstown.
Coaches are ideally people who are openly living with HIV within their communities, who are on treatment and virally suppressed. Coaches will be responsible for recruiting other people living with HIV to enrol on the programme. Coaches will support these people with initiating or re-starting treatment, and supporting good adherence. Coaches will also have to report on all relevant information, using standardised templates and a Smart Phone app. Coaches will report to one team leader based in Queenstown and a Project Coordinator, based in Mthatha.
As a coach, you will be expected to work closely with selected clinics and community networks that engage with people living with HIV, and you will be required to market and promote the programme. This is a community-based
position and you need to be in close proximity (walking distance or a short taxi ride) to the one of the facilities listed above.To apply:
Your application must include:
- A completed employment application form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies or collect a hard copy from TB HIV Care office (address below) or one of the clinics listed below
- One-page covering letter and your
- Updated CV - Maximum of two pages
- Via email to az.gro.tmc@tnemtiurcer quoting the job reference COACH/FEB2023 in the subject line.
- By hand to:
- a) TB HIV Care’s Office in Queenstown at 65A Grey Street, Queenstown
- b) New Rest Clinic, Queenstown.
CMT is committed to equity in our employment practices. It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. CMT reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified or if funding for this project changes.Closing date:
01 March 2023 (12noon) NB:
Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
- Grade 10 (Matric or higher educational qualification would be advantageous)
- Comfortable with disclosing HIV status.
- Must have long-term HIV treatment success.
- Must reside in Queenstown and be in close proximity to Philani Clinic
- Ability to manage data, paperwork requirements and use an Online app
- Capacity to work with selected clinics
- Ability to recruit, support and mentor at least 50 people living with HIV per month
- Ability to problem solve and escalate challenges where necessary to Manager
- Ability to Market and promote the ARV Care and Treatment programme
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Flexible and helpful attitude required at all times
- Valid drivers licence with driving experience
- HIV/AIDS knowledge
Community Media Trust (CMT) is a South African NGO focusing on communication in the fields of basic human rights. CMT aims to empower individuals and communities, encouraging them to take part in managing and improving their own lives, promoting healthy and health-seeking behaviour and basic human rights. It does this through media and outreach programmes that provide scientific information in a format that is easy to understand. Please visit our website to find out more about CMT - www.cmt.org.za.
Posted on 16 Feb 13:39, Closing date 17 Apr