|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Responsible for effective and efficient support of technology, operations and resources to install, sustain and provide administration of broadcast systems/facilities/equipment for Radio Station technology.Key performance areas:
- Ensure that the station broadcast equipment is fully functional.
- Attend to all technical breakdowns speedily.
- Ensure effective technical advice and support to users (presenters) and train them on the use of studio equipment to reduce downtime.
- Ensure regular maintenance of broadcast equipment (compliance with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) software licenses)
- Prepare and oversee the transmission of all outside broadcasts.
- Avail yourself for broadcasting technology conferences, exhibitions, and training seminars.
- Assist head of technical with appointed and broadcast technology service provider.
- Official contact person for all technical service providers.
- Assist with maintaining proper records of all technical activities.
- Monitor and report transmission outages and keep proper record of such.
- Monitor and report the performance of all broadcast equipment and ensure optimum performance.
- Provide technical support to all departments
- Assist all talk shows with operation of studio equipment during live shows.
- Assist with the recording, editing, and mastering of all pre-recorded content.
Knowledge and Skills:
- National diploma in information technology/computer studies or relevant qualification
- Minimum five years’ relevant experience in the technical broadcast environment
- Ability to work and travel nationally if required
- Valid drivers licence
- IT network knowledge essential
- Computer literate (A+) and Network knowledge (N+)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all applications.
Posted on 24 Jan 11:47, Closing date 25 Mar