Celebrating its tenth anniversary this year, Engen Pitch & Polish, a national entrepreneurial workshop and competition programme are calling on entries...
12 Jun 2019
Dr Justin Cohen of Australia's Ehrenberg-Bass Institute for Marketing Science shared insights from research into marketing with Spark Media's guests. If you've not factored mental availability into your brand messaging, read this now...
Leigh Andrews 10 Oct 2017
CNBC Africa will premiere Gurus, a series of high-impact interviews with premier league business thought leaders, filmed in South Africa on Thursday 2 March 2017 at 9.15pm.
24 Feb 2017
Sanlam's latest #FutureFWD retirement campaign for Glacier illustrates the actual monthly retirement salary that can be expected, using three South Africans as examples...
13 Jul 2016
The Association of African Exhibition Organisers (AAXO) has announced two events for industry participants - an organiser sales training day on 18 May 2016 and an exhibitions industry sleep-out from 7-8 June...
11 May 2016
Unlike business events that focus on sales and management techniques alone, an upcoming two-day event, the Real Success Experience, aims to empower businesses and individuals through expert input on both business and personal development.
18 Jun 2014
Top international speaker, Brian Parsley, will be among the elite group of speakers and MCs giving half-hour presentations at no cost in the USB Speakers Pavilion as part of Markex World of Events 2012 next week.
8 Jun 2012
If only 7% of communication is verbal, how do we understand the other 93%? Delving into the heart of a business requires an intense first chapter of employee engagement, which means 'hearing' what's not verbalised at first. This is where the art of engaging people through creative exchange begins.
Issued by Blue Moon Corporate Communications 25 May 2012
The inaugural Women in Finance and Leadership Conference, held on 17-18 November 2010 at the Southern Sun Grayston, Johannesburg saw international and local speakers engage with an audience ranging from corporate leaders to SMEs.
29 Nov 2010
There's a deluge of motivational, self-help guides to a better you out there. There's an entire shelf dedicated at bookshops and libraries for these books. But how many of them actually work? I've never read a single one (until now); A, because I'm a generally happy person who believes the only person who can really help me be a better me is, well... me.
Sindy Peters 16 Feb 2010
Ever tried to sell, persuade or teach and noticed your audience's eyes glazing over? Perhaps you were in the audience and the presenter had just clicked onto the 40th slide, you know the one I mean. The one with about 12-bullet points and a triple bar graph that you can never quite understand. The presenter finishes up satisfied that he has covered all the information and that's EXACTLY what he's done - covered it - forgetting that the point is to uncover it.
Justin Cohen 5 May 2008
And so it was time for the Big One... a reformatted Loerie Creative Advertising Awards yielded two Grand Pix Loeries, just 12 Gold Loeries, 37 Silver and 64 Bronze. In examples of stunning work, Net#work BBDO took a Grand Prix for the Virgins Poster campaign; and TBWA Hunt Lascaris took their Grand Prix for the SABC 1 ad.
Louise Marsland 3 Oct 2004
The industry celebrated excellence in design, integrated media advertising & sponsorship (the old Raptor Awards) on Saturday night, 2 October, by awarding 34 Gold Loeries, 57 Silver Loeries, and 35 Bronze. VWV were in the spotlight, winning two Grand Prix in Corporate Film: Multi Screen and Theatre: Large Events; while King James walked away with one Grand Prix Loerie for Promotional Marketing: Consumer; and Frontiers Group Africa with another Grand Prix in the Loerie Sponsorship section.
Louise Marsland 3 Oct 2004