Restaurant Manager Looking for New Opportunities in SA
Operations Manager at Zulu RestaurantRead more
Present - Cairo
I currently manage all day to day tasks which pertain to the general running of the business. I am charge of hiring, front house training, buying, cost control, merchandise control, Catering and Sales.
The Tipsy Teapot
1 Feb 2014 - 1 Feb 2017 - Cairo
Managing all day to day tasks which pertain to the general running of the business. I am charge of hiring, front house training, buying, cost control, merchandise control and Sales.I also manage the catering efforts of two contracted office cafeterias off location.
The Snug Boutique Hotel
1 Jan 2011 - 1 Oct 2013
I reported directly to the owner in this position. I was in charge of all general management duties, except for finance and admin.
• Day to day management of the team in accordance to local HR policies
• Ensure that team’s performance consistently exceeds the quality target set
• Ensure team service level are cash management, reporting, escalation management
• Perform weekly reviews with Team & Individuals to drive constant leadership, coaching and clear communication
• Provide Upper Management with regular status updates, including operational and performance reports and appropriately escalate issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure team are sufficiently trained with the skills necessary to perform their roles
• Make sure team is working on par with Hygiene requirements
• Ensure cost control efforts are being followed
• Liaising with Suppliers
• Making sure waste management efforts are put in place and followed
• Lead the hiring process, ramping up, direct coaching and mentoring of new staff
• Assist & Manage the team with daily workload and high service demand
SkillsFood & Beverage Service, Food & menu planning, food and beverage cost control, Food and Beverage admin, Food and Beverage Management, Restaurant administration, Restaurant Management, Front of House Management, Back of House Manager