The 2022 GreenPitch Challenge Top 10 finalists, chosen from ~150 inspiring entries, in no particular order, are:
In the pre-venture category:
- Rudi Kriel (electric mobility) – GoMetro
- Warren Barnard (plastic alternatives) - MushNet Mycelium Packaging
- Rich Sibusiso Hlatshwayo (circular economy) - Me2you (a food sharing solution)
- Farai Dziike (water) - Waste water treatment technology
- Chris Nganga Kimaru (water, sewer and storm water networks) - Manhole Protector Grid (MPG)
In the pre-growth category:
- Tshepo Mangoele (bio-economy, circular economy) - NatUVcare™ [By LignOrganic (PTY) Ltd.]
- Jon Kornik (energy) - Plentify
- Luvo Gugwana (energy, agriculture) – Aquaponics franchise
- Thulani Khumalo (water, service delivery) - Preventing leaks smart polymer manhole covers
- Leslie Wallace (circular economy) - Mobile crushers, locally manufactured
The Top 10 stand to win prizes to the value of ~R400,000 sponsored by RMB, BioCiti Labs, LaunchLab, SAREBI, and Enlit Africa, with more to be confirmed. A selection of entries who did not make Top 10 will be given the opportunity to apply for a Learner Management Programme, facilitated by The Innovation Bridge Portal.
The winners will be selected by a judging panel on the day of the event. Their decision is final. Terms & Conditions apply.
Sponsors and prizes – Read more here.