IAB SA launches free Decoding Digital Content Marketing podcast series
The IAB SA's Digital Content Marketing Committee
has launched a six-part podcast series called Decoding Digital Content Marketing. Its aim? "To encourage and develop digital content marketing in South Africa as a unique, independent discipline and an effective tool for brands," says the committee's lead, and Machine_'s chief content officer, Sarah Browning-de Villiers
. "This project was birthed out of the deep passion the committee has for the role of content marketing in our industry, but also to address the pervasive lack of understanding of this strategic discipline within our industry, and how it differs from other marketing approaches."
6 Oct 2021 10:20
The podcast series was created under the guidance of Megan Perks, a member of the Digital Content Marketing Committee and Joe Public’s integrated executive creative director. “We wanted to bring together experts from across our industry: agencies, publishers, media specialists and brands, to discuss, debate and unpack what digital content marketing is, and how we can all use it effectively,” explains Megan. “One of the best things about each podcast episode is the experience and perspectives our guests bring. There is healthy debate and thought-provoking questions about why content marketing is unique, how it’s misunderstood and what makes it effective, as well as tangible examples of how all of us can harness content marketing to drive commercial success. It’s practical but fun, easy to listen to but still packed with utility.”
The Decoding Digital Content Marketing podcast mini-series consists of six 30-40-minute episodes, available to stream for free across all good streaming platforms (including Spotify and Apple and Google Podcasts) as well as on IAB’s website, here. The first four episodes are live:
- Episode 1: What is digital content marketing?
- Host: Emma Odendaal, Digital Director, John Brown
- Guests: Riaan Wolmarans, head of digital, Arena Holdings; Mpume Ngobese co-MD, Joe Public United; Natalie Pool content design lead, VMLY&R
- Episode 2: How digital content marketing supercharges your marketing strategy
- Host: Sarah Browning-de Villiers, chief content officer at Machine_
- Guests: Gugu-Lisa Zwane-Johnson, executive head: marketing, public affairs and sustainability, Old Mutual; Zodwa Kumalo, group native/branded content editor, Arena Holdings
- Episode 3: Unlocking the key to great digital content marketing: the audience
- Host: Anelde Greeff, co-founder and chief content officer at 2Stories
- Guests: Brendan Cooper, content director and strategist, Cedar; Justine Drake, content director, John Brown Media; Charne Munien, strategy director, VMLY&R
- Episode 4: The power of purpose-driven content marketing
- Host: Zodwa Kumalo, group native/branded content editor, Arena Holdings
- Guests: Noxolo Mafu, creative lead for BrandStudio| 24.com; Pride Maunatlala founder ar.che.ty.pal
- Episode 5 (coming soon): What does digital content marketing success look like?
- Episode 6 (coming soon): The future of digital content marketing
Listen to the podcast here.