With headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and being the biggest cyber security company in Europe, F-Secure has a great deal of experience in dealing with the similar General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation in Europe. Webber Wentzel is a world-renowned legal firm based in South Africa that specialises in the various aspects of the POPI Act legislation and is very knowledgeable on the new Cybercrimes Act.
The topics discussed in the webinar were as follows:
- Which organisations in South Africa are required to register for POPIA.
- The roles of CEOs, COOs, CIOs, CTOs, IT Managers etc. under POPIA and the Cybercrimes Act.
- POPIA unpacked - a brief summary of POPIA and its comparison to Europe’s very similar GDPR.
- The security aspects of POPIA compliance.
- Could you be doing something illegal under the new legislation without realising it?
Answers to numerous questions submitting by attendees of the webinar were provided by both presenters and are also available in the recording.
Access the following page to view the recording of the webinar in your own time.