ot Cares openly requests our audience to contact us if they or someone else they may know is in need. At the same time requests are made to our listeners to contact us if they can offer any help for those in need. Hot Cares, through the help of their generous listeners and partners, were able to meet the following needs in January.
- The Hot 91.9fm's Back-to-School Supply Run dropped off stationery supplies and Early Childhood Development equipment at a number of creche’s, schools and after care facilities, namely Thandanani and Zamokuhle in Zandspruit, The Linx School for special needs children in Edenvale, Jump n Play and Hlayisekani Playgroup in Kyasands, St Lawrence Children’s Home, Mother of Peace and Baby Moses.
- The focus on education continued and Hot Cares together with The Open Learning Group awarded 20 year old Tracy Ndlovu a bursary to the value of R21 000 to study Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Women and Men against Child Abuse received two month’s supply of paper to assist with their climbing printing costs in their admin office for the printing of their court documents.
- Hot Cares and St Marks Anglican Church visited the Hlalisekani Playgroup in Kyasands and delivered stationary, clothing and food for the children.
- New Beginnings Home of Safety received a R2,500 voucher to assist with monthly groceries for the home.
n addition, getting around to attend to the many needs in our community requires a hardy vehicle, with ample space and a bit of style never hurt!
Robin van Rensburg, CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles South Africa (FCASA), handed over the keys to a Jeep Renegade to Lloyd Madurai, Managing Director of Hot 91.9fm, and in so doing, Jeep has become the official vehicle sponsor to the Hot Cares initiative.
Navigating the logistics involved when providing much needed assistance and support to those in need within our community in the areas of education, training, medical, housing, and feeding programmes, means that the versatile and capable Jeep Renegade is a perfect fit for this partnership. The Renegade is ready, willing and able.
A resounding thank you to FCASA and all those who made this possible.
Hot 91.9fm’s Managing Director, Lloyd Madurai says, "Winning the Community Project of the year award in 2017 inspired us to look for more opportunities to increase the impact we have on our community and we believe that through the support of our listeners and partners we will continue to do so.”Listen to Hot Cares every Monday on Jo’burgs Biggest Breakfast at 7.45am.
To follow us, please go to our Hot Cares Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HotCares/ website www.hot91.9fm.co.za
or email us az.oc.919toh@seractoh call us 011 462 3750
Hot Cares - Making a meaningful difference in the lives of those around us.