Vodacom was the big winner on the night as the recipient of the South African Employer of Choice Award, which recognises the best large organisation to work for in South Africa. The leading telecommunications giant captivated the judges with their level of commitment to creating a productive and pleasurable workplace through innovative HR values. Vodacom focuses extensively on employee engagement through various levels.
"Speed, simplicity and trust are our core values, though HR is a pillar of our day to day business. This award is a manifestation and dedication of all our people," said Kwazi Macu, Reward and Benefit Senior Consultant, Vodacom.
The Careers24 Future of HR Awards recognises individuals, teams and organisations by showcasing strategies and practices that deliver a direct impact on business performance as well as innovations that set new standards for the industry.
Other winners include: Organisation awards:
Marc Privett – Head of Careers24
- South African Employer of Choice (>1000 employees) sponsored by Recruit Group: Vodacom (Pty) Ltd
- South African Employer of Choice (<1000 employees) sponsored by Bizcommunity: Spark Schools
- South African Employer of Choice (Public Sector and NPO) sponsored by Careers24: Mhlathuze Water
- Best HR Strategic Plan: AfroCentric Health Limited
- Best Reward and Recognition Strategy: IQ Business
- Best HR Industry Innovation and Corporate Creativity: DELL
- Best Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Strategy: Netcare
- Best Learning and Development Strategy: KPMG Services (Pty) Ltd
- Best Health and Wellbeing Strategy: AfroCentric Health Limited
- South African HR Team of the Year: Rand Water
- South African Hall of Fame Award (Lifetime Achievement Award): Italia Boninelli - AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- South African HR Director of the Year sponsored by Mercer Consulting: Clifford Klaas - Siemens (Pty) Ltd
- South African HR Manager of the Year sponsored by Careers24: Mandla Myeni - Mhlathuze Water
- South African HR Champion (CEO): Marius Muller - Pareto Limited
"We are very proud to be involved in an awards initiative like this that recognises the importance of the role of HR in good business practice," says Marc Privett - Head of Careers24. "We at Careers24 believe very strongly in the power of innovation in the HR and recruitment sector and the entries we saw this year were very inspiring and, I believe, a good indicator of how the sector has grown."
There were over 65 finalists and some of them included: Oceana Group Limited, Woolworths, MTN, Kukua Development Corporation, Bearing Lynk, Bidvest Management Solutions, Chartered Wealth Solutions, Tongaat Hulett, KPMG Services (Pty) Ltd, Netcare, University of Johannesburg.
For the full list of finalists in their categories please click here
for more details about the Careers24 Future of HR Summit and Awards and join our social media platforms - LinkedIn: http://goo.gl/myGZj6
, Twitter: @Future_of_HR
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/futureofhr
. Contact Sheri Morgan on 086 000 9590 or email@example.com
for more information about the winners.