When explaining why mapping is such a focus area, Google released the following stats:
- Around 90 percent of all global sales happen in store
- Nearly a third of mobile searches are related to location
- Location-related searches have been growing 50 percent faster than mobile searches overall in the past year
- Over a billion people now use Maps
- Google searches (on Google.com and Maps) guide consumers to 1.5 billion destinations every year
- 84% of consumers conduct Local Searches in the shopping process
- Three out of every four people who search for something nearby using their smartphone end up visiting a store within a day, and 28 percent of those searches result in a purchase.
According to leading location management agency and Google Maps specialists Business Positioning Systems (BPS) this makes accurate online location data even more of a non-negotiable for brands with a multi location footprint.
BPS commercial director Gabby Eidelman explains, “As we can see from the recently released stats, Google Maps/Google my Business is without doubt the platform that closes the loop for consumers. Our clients ensure these consumers always find their offline locations via accurate online locations because they’re managed through BPS’s Location Bank platform. Location Bank is a location database that integrates with Google ensuring locations are always accurate.”
Gabby continues, “For brands wanting to make use of the new Promoted Pin feature, our Location Bank product is exactly what you need to ensure the very foundation of your marketing efforts – your physical locations - are always accurate. The release of Promoted Pins will help bridge the gap between online traffic and foot traffic, with BPS you can rest assured that your foot traffic ends up converting at the point of sale.”