|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Cape Town, Parow, northern suburbs|
Job descriptionPosition reports to Head of Content.
In brief, the “platform” is the technology behind the scenes that deliver quality, attractive and efficient front-end product to the customer. It is the hub that all divisions of the company feed into content (movies and series) are scheduled and made available, marketing determines the look and feel promotions and notifications, and customer service interfaces with customer accounts. IT drives all aspects of the platform. This role is thus pivotal and requires someone with multitasking skills, great attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and firmly with multiple players.
This is a description outlining the broad requirements of the employee’s job, and the duties which the employee will be expected to perform. This list is not exhaustive and the employee will be required to comply with any additional duties as reasonably required or imposed by the employer from time to time. Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Platform management and administration
- Continuously update, upload and administrate all video, graphic and copy content as per pre-determined content release schedules, on the TruthTV.com platform.
- Continuously update, upload and administrate all video, graphic and copy content as per pre-determined marketing release schedules, on the TruthTV.com platform.
- Administer all changes and updates on the TruthTV.com website, including but not limited to:
- Chasing and traffic managing all creative material to be delivered by the Marketing and Content departments.
- Continuously innovate and creatively update the TruthTV.com platform in collaboration with the Heads of Content, Marketing and IT.
- Anticipate upcoming public occurrences and develop creative platform expressions and campaigns for this purpose: ie. Valentines day/Christmas etc, pitching ideas to the Heads of Content and Marketing for approval and development.
- Research innovate platform management and competitor trends for SVOD/TVOD and AVOD platforms.
- Ensure an inside and out, working and in-depth knowledge of the Viewlift product, including but not limited to understanding and working the platform in terms of its:
- Product capabilities,
- coming developments and updates
- Creating free accounts as and when needed.
- VOD consumption
- Client churn rates
- Watch to completion stats
- Client Search reports
- Payment and Failed payment reports
- Original Content – various analytics
- Licensed Content – Various analytics
- Time of day consumption
7. Assist head of the department as and when needed.
- Customer experience
- Advance own skill
Company DescriptionTruthTV, launching early 2020, is a technology-driven video-on-demand platform providing high quality faith and family content to audiences in South Africa, Africa and beyond. Join our dynamic team in start-up phase as we build a superior product for an exciting and growing market. Proud member of the Bloudruk Groep.
Note: Website currently not live. Refer to our sister-site RoepTV.com.
RequirementsSkills and qualifications
- At least two to five years of work experience in a related field
- Very strong administrative and organisational skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to plan in advance and ensure multiple moving parts are delivered on deadline
- A love for technology and technological innovation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to coordinate team efforts and elicit work on deadline
- Passion for learning and personal development
- Interest in media, films & series
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced ever-changing media and startup environment
- Comfortable working and participating in a Christian company.
Posted on 28 Nov 10:44