- Why HR is at risk from cybertattacks
- Celebrate youthful diversity this June on Biz
- Business rescue process: Don't disregard the rights of employees
Virtual Reality Assistant Editor
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionHabitat XR is a multi award-winning Johannesburg based VR company with an important cause: to reconnect people to nature using immersive technology. We work with non-profit conservation organisations and produce our own immersive environmental education experiences. We have produced work from the savannah of the Kruger to the jungles of Rwanda; the springs of Yellowstone to the peaks of the Himalayas filming snow leopards.
Our growing team is hiring a creative, high-attention-to-detail problem solver who also wants purpose in the work they do. We are in a position to offer this immediately - however understand that those who are currently employed would need to serve notice. Please still apply.
We are looking for a young, meticulous and technical editor who is eager to learn, has good knowledge of production requirements for immediate placement. Previous experience in 360 video and virtual reality generally is not required but advantageous. We're looking for a junior-to-mid-level editor to work under our head of post-production and be involved in all facets of it:
- Ingest and data managing incoming footage from wildlife shoots
- Stitch footage in Mistika VR or similar, monoscopic & stereoscopic (training will be provided as we know this is not common)
- Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Apple Final Cut Pro
- Creating content for social media
- Helping manage and build our stock library, "Noah's Arkive"
- Colour grading according to skill level
- Basic titles, graphic placements and effects
- Take direction from head of post-production
- Constantly learn
- Take personal responsibility to keep abreast of new techniques, developments and processes in the industry.
- Understand the full technical pipeline including server structure.
- Take full ownership and accountability of deadlines
- You must have a minimum of two years full time traditional/linear video editing
Company DescriptionHabitat XR is a multi award-winning Johannesburg based VR company with an important cause: to reconnect people to nature using immersive technology. We work with non-profit conservation organisations and produce our own immersive environmental education experiences. We have produced work from the savannah of the Kruger to the jungles of Rwanda; the springs of Yellowstone to the peaks of the Himalayas filming snow leopards.
RequirementsIf you have real initiative, you're a self-starter, fast learner, a problem solver, and experimenter, skilled at time management, good at communication, and have the ability to collaborate well with a small but ambitious team, you should continue. If you aren't - please close your browser.
You do not need prior experience in V/360 video, however experience is beneficial to applicants. Training and time to learn is part of the opportunity offered. FCPX and Premiere Pro proficiency is essential, experience in any of the following suites is highly beneficial:
- Nuke Cara VR
- Adobe After Effects
- Photoshop (basic digital painting using Wacom or similar tablets)
Posted on 05 Mar 13:58