|Get jobs on your |
Camera Rental Equipment Manager
|Location:||Cape Town, Brooklyn|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionThe position involves managing Zootee Studios's camera, grips, lighting, sound and accessories inventory. The applicant can go to our website to see the kind of equipment that the applicant would be expected to manage - it’s nothing too “out there”... However we are growing fast and the applicant must be able to adapt to the ever-changing technology. The equipment needs to be checked on return and again when checked out. The checking process involves checking for any damages on anything from sensors to memory cards to lenses to batteries to firmware. And cleaning everything from sensors to pelican cases. There are checklists for all items in our inventory that you would check off but also be able to notice when something is "out of the ordinary". There will at times be an intern working under you that you would need to manage as well so effective team communication is necessary as well as being able to implement feedback from other members or the team.
During gear-checks, applicant would need to be able to have a respectful but fun and confident approach to our clients who range from experienced DOPs to first time shooters to students who believe they are DOPs... Often the gear-checks involve thinking outside the box to rig different camera setups or find powering solutions for their privately owned gear that they are bringing on the job to integrate into our systems. At the gear-check, the applicant would be expected to be able to answer the clients questions about the system, run them through camera menus, recommend additional accessories, and give tutorials on balancing gimbals. Applicant does not need to know all of this before applying but have the ability to learn it quickly.
A basic understanding of electricity and cables is necessary.
Company DescriptionZootee Studios is a vibrant camera equipment rental/hire company based in Cape Town. We strongly believe in supporting women in cinematography and tech and any new team member would need to share that vision. Our inventory includes a variety of cameras such as the RED Dragon, Sony PXW-FS7, Canon EOS 5D and many more ranging from consumer to professional. We are quite Sony-centric though... We also have camera accessories, grips, lighting and sound equipment. Our inventory is growing rapidly.
RequirementsApplicant must have:
- A firm knowledge of the demands of the cinematography department on set as this will help you recommend what accessories a DOP will need in their kit
- Knowledge of cameras and codecs
- Knowledge of lighting (if you’re given a reference, be able to recommend to clients what gear to use from our inventory)
- Basic sound equipment knowledge
- Be someone who reads Newshooter and No Film School for fun and keeps up to date on camera, lighting and accessory trends
- Be good at problem solving technical issues like “Yo, why is this camera not connecting to this Teradek?”
- Feel comfortable with doing firmware updates on cameras
- Be able to guide clients through menu systems
- Knowledge of electronics and not be scared of a soldering iron
- Be happy working in a small team
- Be super organised with paper work (ticking off gear check sheets and condition reports so we know what client damaged what)
- An eye for detail to pick up tiny flaws in the gear
- Love cleanliness and Mr Min
- Not be above cleaning boxes and tripods, a large portion of the work is cleaning equipment
- Be able to give tutorials on how gear like gimbals need to be balanced, etc.
- Fast learner to learn new camera systems, gimbals, etc.
- Dependable and not arrogant. We want a safe learning space for our new clients!
- And last but not least - supportive of women in tech!
Posted on 02 Apr 14:15
021 510 1928
- Media Network Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Quality Manager, Cape Town, Paarden Eiland
- Traffic Manager, Cape Town, Woodstock Exchange
- Project/Account Manager - Customised Solutions, Cape Town, Claremont
- Financial Manager, Cape Town, Muizenberg, Pyrotec Recruiter
- Social Media/Community Manager, Cape Town
- Monitoring/Evaluation Manager, Cape Town, Mowbray
- Assistant Store Manager, Cape Town, N1 City, Christian Art Distributors
- Dispatch Warehouse Manager, Grabouw, Elgin Free Range Chickens
- Store Manager, Cape Town, Cape Gate, Christian Art Distributors
- NPD Manager, Cape Town, Muller Marketing
- HR Manager, Cape Town, Salt River, Red & Yellow
- Office Manager, Stellenbosch
- Digital Project Manager, Cape Town, Gardens, CBD
- Store Manager, Cape Town, Christian Art Distributors
- Project Manager, Cape Town, Diep River, Southern Suburbs
- Loan Operations Manager, Cape Town, Northern suburbs, Capfin
- Brand Manager, Cape Town, CBD, Ad Talent
- Production Manager, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
- Project Manager/Account Manager – BTL Agency, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- TTL Print Production Manager, Cape Town, Ninety9cents
- Marketing Services Manager, Cape Town, Sea Point, Premier Hotels & Resorts
- Digital Project Manager/Producer, Cape Town
- Lead Project Manager, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter
- Account Manager, Cape Town, De Waterkant, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Internal Communications/Events Senior Manager, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter
- B2B Business Development Manager, Cape Town, Weylandts
- SASTAC Intervention Development Manager, Stellenbosch
- Project Manager/Producer, Cape Town, Zonnebloem
- Digital Account Manager, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731