|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central|
Afda, The School for the Creative Economy, is a leading private higher education institution offering fully accredited and registered undergraduate and postgraduate degrees as well as higher certificates which are outcomes-based. The programmes are focused on the creative, entertainment, business, and related industries, and are offered across four campuses in South Africa. Afda is a full member of CILECT, an international association of the world's major film and television schools and is proudly part of Stadio Multiversity.
Afda is registered as The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration Certificate no. 2001/HE07/012.
Applications are invited for the position of learning coordinator.
In the position of learning coordinator, Afda is looking for a committed and dedicated professional to manage the daily academic administration of the courses taught within the various schools.
The position requires someone who is organised, efficient, computer literate, and interacts well with people within the policies, guidelines and values of Afda. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace Afda’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching and learning at Afda.
Essential duties and related skills include:
- Managing and facilitating schools teaching and learning logistics.
- Academic and student data administration.
- Academic and statutory compliance administration
- Departmental and general administration
- Meeting protocol and preparation skills, with experience in minute taking.
- Budgetary skills, with experience of working with financial records and spreadsheets.
- Business administration skills with a good command of written English.
- Communication skills appropriate to interfacing with the general public, staff and students within Afda procedures.
- Driver’s license and own transport.
- High level of computer literacy, particularly in Excel.
- Clerical and administrative competency for running the administrative functions of these schools.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Highly developed organisational skills.
- Maturity to handle a range of situations.
- A meticulous and thorough nature.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality.
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence.
- Culturally aware and sensitive.
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- three references
Start date: January 2019.
Posted on 06 Dec 11:33
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731