- The Hawthorne Effect and the future leadership attributes required
- Unemployment rises to 32.5%
- D&AD Shift partners with Google to help secure jobs for diverse creative talent
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Independent Media Recruiter|
- Manage a portfolio, clients and agencies.
- Prepare media campaigns and plan media strategies.
- Forecast and report on sales figures, trends and agency movements and monitor competitors’ performance.
- Negotiate group discounts to ensure market share commitment.
- Do weekly sales reports and liaise with other Inc branches.
- Achieve monthly sales targets.
- Contract negotiation and management.
- Gather and report market intelligence.
- Presentations to clients and agencies.
- Develop new business opportunities.
- Grow digital sales within the within the agency market
- Have a good understanding of Digital Advertising Industry and the media that support it.
- 4 years advertising sales experience - with at least 2 years’ experience dealing with advertisement agencies.
- A post-matric qualification in Sales/Marketing/Media Planning/Buying.
- Extensive knowledge of the media industry.
- Proven sales record and achievements.
- Valid code 08 drivers license and own transport.
- Must be self-motivated and a team player.
- Having newspaper selling experience and newspaper production process knowledge will be an
- Be computer literate with Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point)
- Sell across all Independent Platforms
- Have the ability to identify and exploit sales opportunities in the market place
- Have a good command of the English language.
- Be confident and have the ability to deal with clients and management at all levels.
- Be able to work accurately to deadline with minimum supervision in a highly pressurized team environment.
- Digital knowledge
- Independent Media is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action Strategy.
Posted on 22 Feb 13:50
Apply by emailFaiyad Abrahams
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Account Manager, Account Director, Creative Director, Digital Account Manager, Account Executive, Campaign Manager, Sales Executive, PR Account Director, Director
Independent Media is one of South Africa's leading print media production companies. Our stable of fine, quality publications include 18 of the country's most prominent newspapers with The Star in Johannesburg,Cape Times and Cape Argus in Cape Town and The Mercury in Durban firmly entrenched in millions of households throughout South Africans.
Get job alerts for Account Executive jobs
Cape Town, Woodstock
Responsible for managing the day-to-day delivery of BTL work, you’ll ensure that work is on brand, on brief, on time and on budget.
17 Feb 2021
Cape Town, Woodstock
This is the position within account management with the primary responsibility of overseeing the effective administration of a piece of business from all perspectives.
Cape Town R17000 - R20000 Monthly
A creative experiences and brand activation agency is looking for an experienced Account Executive to join their growing team. Requirements: Industry-related diploma...
Cape Town, Bellville
Fishgate aims to bring powerful ideas to life. We like to use all sorts of advertising jargon to describe our agency.
18 Jan 2021
Cape Town, Century City
We are looking for an experienced sales and target-driven candidate who best exemplifies a can-do attitude, who is willing to learn, grow and contribute to the team and...
4 Jan 2021
Cape Town, Table View R8000 - R15000 Monthly
Who we are: Persuade Marketing is a B2B lead generation and sales based consultancy based in Cape Town, we focus on equipping medium...
4 Jan 2021