- The Hawthorne Effect and the future leadership attributes required
- Unemployment rises to 32.5%
- D&AD Shift partners with Google to help secure jobs for diverse creative talent
|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Location:||Cape Town, CBD = St. George's Mall|
|Company:||Independent Media Recruiter|
- Take ownership of debtor account allocated to you;
- Continuously review customer account credit limits against pre-set credit control parameters;
- Identify breaches in parameters and highlight to senior where you are not able to resolve independently;
- Keep track of all outstanding sales invoices of each of your debtor accounts and actively follow up on accounts that could potentially start to age;
- Identify customer receipts from the daily bank statements and accurately process the amount to the correct debtors account;
- Good communication with the cash management team where applicable;
- Ensure that all your invoices are created and where necessary send to your customers;
- Regular reconciliations of your debtor accounts to ensure all sales invoices; payments, and credit notes have been processed.
- Proactively resolve client queries
- Facilitate swift recovery of outstanding amounts due to the organisation.
- Service internal stakeholders; with a strong focus on problem solving with a positive outlook on growing the business whilst maintaining the core responsibility of credit control;
- Routine reporting to financial senior on recoveries; outstanding customer balances; sales reporting; analytics etc.
- Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures;
- Ad hoc tasks and projects.
- Must have grade 12 certificate
- National Diploma in Finance
- Must have at least two years credit control experience within a finance environment.
- Must be Computer literate
- The ability to cope with the constant pressure of strict deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- People orientated and proactive
- Team player
Posted on 22 Feb 13:47
Apply by emailFaiyad Abrahams
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
Independent Media is one of South Africa's leading print media production companies. Our stable of fine, quality publications include 18 of the country's most prominent newspapers with The Star in Johannesburg,Cape Times and Cape Argus in Cape Town and The Mercury in Durban firmly entrenched in millions of households throughout South Africans.
Get job alerts for Credit Controller jobs
Cape Town, Foreshore
Incubeta seeks to appoint a junior accountant who will provide financial information by maintaining and reconciling accounts; preparing reports. Key...
Cape Town, Goodwood R6000 - R10000 Monthly neg
Responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules, ledgers, account and bank reconciliations.
DLonra (Pty) Ltd
1 day ago
Duties and responsibilities Full operational management of Accounts Receivable function within the Finance Department.Raising of all invoices, receipting of all...
Cape Town, Claremont
The ideal incumbent needs to be a positive and proactive team player who will be involved in the monthly processing of the accounts and reconciliations and will support...
10 Feb 2021