|Get jobs on your |
Makro is searching for a Proof Reader that is HUNGRY, HUMBLE, ENGAGED, AND SMART AND FOLLOWS THROUGH.
Main Purpose of the job: Ensure that all work put out by the marketing department is checked (spelling, grammar & typography) and corrected in line with the Makro corporate identity, tonality, agreed Massmart master data manual and Makro Advertising Guidelines before being sent to production. Responsible for ensuring master data is updated to avoid having to make the same correction more than on.
Key performance areas
Spelling and grammar
- Ensure spelling, grammar, punctuation and style are correct proficiency in the English language English Major standard? Not sure that requirement is coming out strongly enough and consistent by following the guidelines as set out in the Corporate Identity, Master data and Advertising Guidelines manuals
- Ensure page numbers, promotion dates, terms & conditions, headings and other fine print are correct according to job bag information
- Ensure corrections (spelling, product description, price, dates, etc) are effected accurately and that the correct product and price are matched accordingly on all advertising products as indicated on the relevant signed off promotion proofs Do we need to specify anywhere that is goes beyond print, e.g., digital, in-store campaigns too?
- Meet sign-off and deadlines for promotions/marketing material, design, layout & typesetting to ensure no delays are experienced
- Prioritise a varied workload in order to meet stakeholder expectations
- Work closely with advertising coordinators, campaign managers and traffic/production across all marketing channels to make sure that all deadlines are met.
- Liaise and work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that jobs / projects are checked and delivered on time and to high standards
- Follow and strictly enforce the QC/Proofreading process
- Maintain the Corporate Identity of the business by following the guidelines as set out in the Corporate Identity, Master data and Advertising Guidelines manuals
- Ensure that marketing and advertising material upholds and remains consistent with the Corporate Identity set out for the Makro formats
- Maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring that the marketing department is seen as a professional and efficient department
- Liaise with the Massmart Master data project to ensure that their policies are incorporated into Makro’s Advertising Guidelines
- Maintain the Advertising Guidelines document in accordance with Master data policy decisions
- Ensure that Master data in SAP/RMS is edited ongoing to ensure correct spelling, grammar and tonality of Product Descriptions and Features & Benefits.
Minimum Academic Requirements, Professional Qualifications, and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in linguistics/communications or journalism. English as Major
- 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Evaluating problems
- Investigate Issues
- Creating innovation
- Building Relationships
- Communicating Information
- Providing Leadership
- Showing Resilience
- Giving Support
- Processing Details
- Structuring Tasks
- Driving success
- Execution and Results
- Customer Centered
- Planning and Improvement
- Influence and Communicate
- Ethics and Compliance
- Ability to proofread with impeccable accuracy
- Unquestionable attention to detail
- Deliver multiple projects, with the same deadlines – prioritise
- Excellent language skills, both written & verbal
- Professional when dealing with colleagues, peers and team members
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver on fixed timelines
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- The position requires trust and honesty and that entails the handling of cash and/or finances, which includes but is not limited to, the handling, administering, processing and distribution of the Company’s monetary resources such as its stock in trade or merchandise
Makro supports Employment Equity principles and preference in all appointments will be given to people from designated groups and with disability.
If you don`t hear from us within fourteen days please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 14 Mar 10:55
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731