- Why HR is at risk from cybertattacks
- Celebrate youthful diversity this June on Biz
- Business rescue process: Don't disregard the rights of employees
Student Support Intern
|Remuneration:||R5500 - R6000 per month|
Job descriptionOur client was launched in June 2017 as a response to the #FeesMustFall movement that spread across campuses in South Africa during 2015 and 2016. This movement highlighted the extremely high cost of tertiary education and the impact that financial stress has on a student’s success rates.
Our client is a crowdfunding platform that connects communities; providing a tool for students to formalize their fundraising efforts and a channel for funders to find students they wish to support.
Their team is young, diverse and passionate about education. They believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth.
The purpose of the position is to moderate and assist students with online profile creation as well as assist the Student Support Coordinator with the execution of student support activities..
Reports to: Student Support Coordinator
Employment type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary Range: R5500-R6000
Location requirements: Intern will be required to work in the office full-time. Area: Woodstock, Cape Town.
Responsibilities (include, but not exclusive to):
- Moderate student profiles and check the documentation submitted by students as part of their student registration process
- Liaise directly with students via email, telephone and WhatsApp when additional documentation or information is needed
- Update student profiles as requested on the backend
- Direct requests or unresolved queries to relevant parties/departments
- Provide weekly and monthly feedback on moderation progress (profile status, issues, queries, etc)
- Track all queries using the tools provided by the team
- Assist the Student Support Coordinator with additional tasks as needed (moderating frontend of website, student recruitment etc.)
- General admin support
- Elevate the their Brand – drive communication that is authentic, simple and transparent
- Matric, with B or A-aggregate in English
- Minimum one years’ work experience in customer service;
- Excellent time management by working on multiple tasks, shifting priorities as necessary and organising tasks and materials to meet pressing deadlines;
- Well organised and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Accuracy with attention to quality and detail;
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently and as a team player;
- Focused and able to see a task through to completion with little supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills; enjoys interacting with students as well as having a high level of professionalism in student interactions, to deliver quality customer service;
- Has the ability to understand student challenges, our platform expectations and propose suitable solutions;
- Takes initiative and copes well under pressure;
- Needs to align with our mission and vision.
- Advanced computer literacy skills required particularity in Excel, PowerPoint, Google applications;
- Experience in the NGO space
- Experience in the innovation and tech space
- Experience in customer service or call centre space
- Experience with Trello, Little Green Light and Zendesk software
- Experience in writing and editing
Posted on 31 Mar 11:40
Cape Town, Zonnebloem
Overview: This position will support internal operations and responsible for implementing and carrying out administrative tasks in support of the data department and...
31 Mar 2021
Cape Town, Rondebosch
Web-box leases out database driven websites to real estate agencies. With over 450 clients nationally we are a major player in this market.
8 Mar 2021
We have an exciting position for someone with an eye for detail and that has a passion for data.
22 Feb 2021