|Get jobs on your |
Chief Executive Officer
|Location:||Cape Town, Newlands, Claremont|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Laureus Sport for Good Foundation SA|
Job description"Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire, it has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair. It is more powerful than governments in breaking down racial barriers. It laughs in the face of all types of discrimination" [Nelson Mandela on 25 May 2000 at the inaugural Laureus World Sports Awards in Monaco.]
Well anchored in the UN's Sustainable Development Goals, the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation works in partnership with over 140 sport for development organisations across the world, providing them with technical expertise, capacity building, funding and programme management support to deliver high quality and impactful sport for development programmes that help change the lives of girls and boys, young women and young men in disenfranchised communities. Laureus Sport for Good also invests in and leads on research, learning communities, international summits and conferences and is widely considered one of the leading agencies in the Sport for Development sector.
An exciting opportunity has emerged to lead the dynamic team as the CEO of Laureus South Africa from the Head Office in Newlands, Cape Town. The successful applicant will report directly to the Chairman of the Laureus SA Board of Trustees and will provide the vision, knowledge, passion and expertise in advancing all aspects of the Laureus SA mission.
Please submit a detailed CV with all the relevant application information to by close of business on Friday 14 February 2020. Applicants must outline how they meet the criteria for this position in a covering letter. Applicants who have not been contacted by 24 February, must consider their application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionThe Laureus Sport for Good Foundation is a sport for development organisation that harnesses the power of sport to end violence, discrimination and disadvantage. Proving that sport can change the world.
RequirementsApplicants who wish to be considered for this post should ideally meet the following criteria:
- Five+ years’ experience in strategic leadership and fundraising
- Board-level reporting and governance exposure
- Financial management skills
- People management skills
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience of the NPO sector
- Good communicator - with internal and external clients, as well as the relevant reporting forums.
- Relationship builder – able to pro-actively manage and build relationships with internal and external clients and service providers.
- Disciplined – able to demonstrate the discipline required to manage the all the personnel and governance requirements of a charitable Trust
- Strong administrator – able to function within an administrative system that results in an orderly office environment
- Solution-driven – able to employ a proactive approach in solving problems
Posted on 04 Feb 14:47