- Apply for graduate programme in cryptocurrency and development
- SA Uber drivers move for employee rights in class action suit
- Can employees refuse to come to work for fear of the pandemic?
|Remuneration:||R15000 - R25000 per month Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Company laptop, Flexible work hours, Remote work, Great office space|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionMain duties and responsibilities include:
- Primarily driving the market research area of Lumec’s business, including conducting market demand assessments, feasibility studies and impact assessments for startup businesses, entrepreneurs, innovators, and property developments.
- Providing support to other LUMEC consulting projects that may not be market research focussed as required. Work elements will include research (both desktop and primary), organising meetings, and documentation of events and workshops.
- Assisting with a range of administrative tasks in the organisation including updating the LUMEC website and social media.
- Other duties as required.
RequirementsA Masters degree or at minimum an honours degree in economics, development studies or associated disciplines. Excellent writing skills and a willingness to learn are essential. A genuine interest and commitment to economic development and how it leads to employment creation and equality, which aligns with the company’s operational philosophies and culture.
Proficiency with data analytics tools (at least Microsoft Excel). Cloud computing and open data tools are advantageous. IsiZulu is an advantage.
The successful candidate will be someone who is highly self-motivated, takes initiative and is able to handle an environment with tight deadlines where tasks and priorities change. The role might require extended hours occasionally so dedication to the task at hand is a priority.
Please note that this is a full time position based in Durban and is not open to students currently in the process of completing their degrees (unless a part-time student furthering their post-graduate).
Please note that this is an employment equity position.
Starting date: 1 April 2021 (we will take notice into consideration)
Why work for us?
We are a young research company that specialises in providing analysis that is data-driven and realistic, and solutions that are both practically implementable and sustainable.
We strive to be objective and innovative. We approach research problems with a perspective that is centred on people and the environment, and our method is collaborative and transparent.
This results in better analysis and more accurate recommendations to inform the development of a connected, inclusive and sustainable society.
We value maintaining a positive work/life balance and relaxed, friendly work environment, whilst always pushing the boundaries to create excellent research.
Our clients include local, provincial and national government departments and entities; non-profit organisations; and private sector businesses.
At LUMEC we believe in the potential of South Africa, and believe that research can assist unlock this potential. What drives us is our genuine desire to assist our clients reach informed decisions that are sustainable and implementable. We need to grow our existing team so we can deepen our reach and impact so if you’re reading this you’re in luck as you may be the person we’re looking for.
Deadline for application: 10 March 2021
Posted on 18 Feb 15:40