- Employment stimulus helps to create 8,000 new jobs
- Build your bravery in 24 hours: Register now for the Brené Brown Dare to Lead training
- Mentorship programmes in Kenya can make graduates more employable. Here's how one works
|Remuneration:||negotiable Market related|
|Company:||Candi Solar SA|
Job descriptionCompany Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for SMEs across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for small businesses in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic brand owner who will help candi to lead the revolution of solar for SMEs across emerging markets. Given that candi is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, innovation and a new way of thinking. This position is an amazing opportunity for an experienced candidate who would prefer to work part time (or fewer hours each day).
Specifically, the job requires taking ownership of the following for the global operations of candi:
- Acting as the custodian for the candi brand, overseeing all marketing/advertising, branding and PR activities.
- Developing and executing an annual marketing strategy and related budget to grow the brand, based on the business objectives.
- Establishing, tracking and reporting on marketing KPIs/goals.
- Signing off all marketing and brand communication to ensure consistency and alignment with the defined candi brand.
- Managing external marketing/branding/advertising service provider relationships and output.
- Overseeing the activities of the junior marketing manager.
- Compiling and presenting regular marketing reports.
Hours: More experienced candidates may be considered for a part-time position, but candidates who would like to work full time will also be considered.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping SMEs in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric and innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
- Relevant marketing/branding qualification
- Five+ years of experience in running brand communication activities (agency or client side)
- Ability to take initiative and self-manage
- Ability to build up marketing activities from a relatively low base
- High attention to detail
- Ability to engage with, and communicate, fairly technical concepts
- MS Office / Google Docs proficiency
- Knowledge and experience working on Salesforce and Zoho advantageous
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes empathy before ego, being authentic - no matter what, working as one, and following the candi principle of less is more.
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
Posted on 02 Mar 12:02
See also: Store Manager, Manager, Account Manager, Marketing Manager, Campaign Manager, Project Manager, Operations Manager, Social Media Manager, Communications Manager, Media Manager