- Remote meetings? What's the best way to connect?
- Covid-19 lockdown: How it will affect your employer's finances
- Innovation and creativity in the time of Covid-19: Alternative ways of thinking and doing
|Get jobs on your |
Junior Communications Officer
|Remuneration:||negotiable To be discussed|
|Company:||Greencape Sector Development Agency|
Job descriptionGreenCape’s vision is to create a thriving and prosperous Africa using green economy principles. Our aim is to be globally relevant in driving the uptake of green economy infrastructure solutions in the developing world context.
To assist us in fulfilling this vision, GreenCape is recruiting a Junior Communications Officer.
This role is an all-rounder technical marketing and communications role, mainly working with the Senior Communications Officer and Publications Manager. In addition to meeting the requirements of the job, the ideal candidate needs to demonstrate an interest in the green economy and alignment with the GreenCape values through examples of relevant work or volunteering experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Technical content for GreenCape publications
- Write content for the GreenCape website
- Write content for projects that require it
- Write news releases
- Write monthly social media content plans for GreenCape and the projects where GreenCape is responsible for the project’s social media communication.
- Copy editing of technical publications and other content.
- Mailchimp newsletters and event invites
- Basic graphic design and video production (using open-source software)
- Update website content and implement basic web layout changes (familiar with working on website back-ends, including Wordpress and Silverstripe)
- Marketing collateral design (presentations, brochures, social media posts etc.)
- Managing invite lists and RSVPs;
- Coordinating catering and event set-up.
- Dedicated membership database management for GreenCape, and the projects that require it (feeding into the GreenCape CRM system)
- Update various impact tracking reporting spreadsheets on a monthly basis.
- PR and social media reporting for GreenCape and the projects that require it.
- Monitoring various social media platforms, including GreenCape’s accounts and the accounts that GreenCape manages on behalf of projects like the SA Plastics Pact.
Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Head: Communications & Publishing via email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 9am on Friday 6 March 2020.
Applications must include:
A well-written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role:
What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
An indication of salary expectations;
An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work
Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity
- A detailed CV
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit)
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.
Company DescriptionGreenCape is a non-profit organisation that supports the development of the green economy – one that is low carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive. We assist green technology businesses and investors focusing on green technologies and services to remove barriers to investment and growth.
For more details on GreenCape, see www.greencape.co.za
- Diploma or degree (with a strong technical portfolio) in the fields of communication management, marketing, brand management, graphic design or journalism.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with Mailchimp, and website back-ends eg Wordpress, Silverstripe and the various social media platforms.
- Basic design skills (using open source software e.g. Canva)
- Adept with MS Office software.
- The ability to synthesize technical content into clear messaging for designed collateral.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), with confidence in both formal and informal public speaking engagements
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Patience and perseverance
- Openness to undertaking other green economy project related work should time permit.
- Organized planner.
- Attention to detail.
- Innovative problem-solver.
- Team player.
- The proven capability to prioritise deadlines.
- A keen interest in the green economy demonstrated through volunteering involvement or job experience.
- A portfolio of written content that has been published on external platforms (ie news releases, feature articles, blogposts etc.)
- Examples of designed collateral or video content t produced.
- Links to social media accounts that the candidate was responsible for community managing. These can also be personal social media accounts.
Posted on 21 Feb 15:04