|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape town, Southern suburbs|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Anchor Executive Recruitment|
Job descriptionA non-profit organisation working in the field of women and children's rights.
Reference PSA 630
This prominent non-profit organisation, working in the realm of human and socio-economic rights, aiming to give protection to vulnerable women and children, and to eliminate poverty, seeks to appoint a well-experienced Communications and Media Manager. The purpose of this role is to develop and communicate the objectives and practical programme information to both external and internal stakeholders, supporting programmes and advancement of the organization in the community and within civil society.
The core areas of responsibility will include:
- External communications: public media especially the Press and TV, all forms of social media, and news letters
- Public relations: Annual report, organisational branding, marketing and communications both internally and externally
- Project and staff management, including administration, financial controls, budgets, of Fundraising projects and PR Campaigns
- Planning and management reporting.
- Candidates for this position must have a degree in journalism or a relevant communications degree, with experience in Research and investigative reporting.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of key issues in the area of human rights, social justice, poverty and inequality, socio-economic rights, and a good grasp of the broader political and developmental context in South Africa;
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of civil society in building democracy.
- Knowledge and understanding media and communications, information management, and Advanced English writing skills and preference for a further two South African languages at a verbal and written level.
- Excellent project management skills, strong planning, organisational, strategic and analytical skills.
- Confidence in document development, information and communication technology, including website and social media.
- Experience in producing Annual Reports, Newsletters, and other important forms of information dissemination.
- Planning and organisational skills - prioritise work and manage time effectively
Applications, including CV (with referee’ contact details) and a copy of latest payslip and ID, should be emailed to PAT STEWART
Company DescriptionCape Town-based recruitment company working extensively in the non-profit sector.
RequirementsThe successful candidate will be able to identify well with the mission and objectives of this human rights organisation working with women and children.
The need is for a strong Communicator in verbal and written format - with a conviction for this mission and those in need.
A background in investigative journalism could be a strong advantage, as is strong skills in all forms of social media and all other forms of media.
Posted on 26 Jul 09:48
- Communications/Engagement Coordinator, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Marketing/Communications Apprentice, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, Trusted Interns
- Communications Specialist, Hermanus
- Communications Practitioner, Stellenbosch, Viv Gordon Placements
- Marketing/Communications Intern, Cape Town
- Communications Specialist - Email/SMS, Cape Town, Centry City, DigiOutsource
- Senior Advisor, Cape Town, CBD, Ad Talent