- PMI launches new course and tool kit to help create a workforce of creative problem-solvers
- KZN unveils database to recruit unemployed graduates
- A preservation 'revival' will supercharge South Africa's retirement outcomes
Mid Technical Implementation Specialist
|Benefits:||Great offices, amazing company culture and perfect opportunities for growth.|
|Location:||Cape Town, Foreshore|
Job descriptionAs a Technical Implementation Specialist in the Analytics and Data team, you will assist all teams locally (in South Africa) and internationally (Australia, UK, USA, LATAM, Asia, Europe and others) with the implementation of their tracking (predominantly in Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics).
You also are responsible for Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager Audits and Implementations; Datalayer provision and audits; measurement plans that cover macro and micro conversion points across platforms and Google Analytics events for audience creation and website optimisation and reporting insights; training internal teams and clients on Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager; blueprints for GA and GTM; documentation of the solutions implemented across the clients you work on and the ongoing maintenance of this. As part of the Analytics and Data team, you are also responsible for the QA of your colleagues' work in order to improve the output of the team.
Place within the organisation
- Reports to the Analytics Team Lead in the Analytics and Data Team in the Global Ops Team.
- Works with the global ops team, international analytics teams, local and global commercial teams and global consultants (local and international)
Required skills and experience:
A Technical Implementation Specialist should be comfortable implementing and recommending Digital Marketing platform tracking solutions utilising Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics (GA4 and Universal) and should be able to adapt to any new platforms that our clients use. A key component of the role is to be able to troubleshoot issues and find solutions in a quick and efficient manner. In order to successfully perform this role, you will need the following hard and soft skills:
- Google Analytics Implementation
- Attribution Models
- Audience Setup
- Channel Groupings
- Content Groupings
- Custom Dimensions and Metrics
- Cross-domain and subdomain tracking
- Data Imports
- E-commerce Reports
- Referral Exclusions
- View, Property and Account Setup
- Google Tag Manager Implementation
- GTM Best practices and naming conventions
- Utilization of Folders
- Utilisation of Workspaces
- Creation of Templates
- Google Analytics and GTM Audits and Recommendations
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager Blueprints
- Creation of Blueprints
- Maintenance of Blueprints
- Measurement Plan Setup
- Macro and Micro Tags (across platforms)
- Google Analytics Events for Audiences
- Google Analytics Events for Website Optimisations and Reporting
- Maintenance of Measurement plans
- GA4 Measurement Plans
- GA4 Set Up
- Client Presentations and Training
- Connected Tags
- Conversion Setup
- Custom Dimensions and Metrics
- Understand Difference between GA4 and GA Universal
- Ecommerce Setup
- Event Setup
- Parameter Setup
- Property Setup
- Advanced Google Analytics Reporting and Navigation
- Datalayer Audit (Ecommerce and Non-Ecommerce)
- Datalayer Provision and Recommendations (Ecommerce and Non-Ecommerce)
- Offline to Online Integrations (Data Imports in Google Analytics)
- Ability to support teams to resolve technology/platform problems as well as reporting discrepancies, tracking issues and any other tech-related issues which affect campaigns including but not limited to:
- Data Discrepancies in Google Analytics
- Data Discrepancies between Google Analytics and Integrated Platforms
- Google Tag Manager and Website Tag Troubleshooting
- Linking to GA4
- SDK Recommendation
- Advanced Excel/ Google Sheets
- Adobe Analytics Basics
- Server Side Tracking
- Consent Tracking
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing strategy / online acquisition channels and attribution
- Provide training to internal and external teams
- Including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Tag Manager
- Ability to think and act indepedently as well as collaboratively.
- Relentless enthusiasm and highly reliable.
- Ownership driven, pro-active to self-learn and make progress.
- Confidently deal with enquiries around analytics from and establish influential relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- An excellent communicator and be able to present ideas, verbally and in writing (to internal stakeholders and clients where required)
- Strong technical communicator - able to turn complex technical concepts into simple and easy to understand concepts for both internal teams and clients.
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in any work produced.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, pro-learning environment on multiple priorities simultaneously. Strong ability to prioritize and manage own time as well as assisting teams where needed
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Display honesty and integrity at all times
- Accountable for your actions even when making mistakes
- Organized and detail oriented
- Be approachable and open to constructive feedback
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
Your tasks responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Full Ownership of a Portfolio of Tier 2 and 3 Clients
- Google Analytics and GTM Audits, Audit Presentations and Reports
- Google Analytics Onboarding and Implementation
- Tag Management and Implementation through Google Tag Manager
- Creation and maintenance of Blueprints and Measurement Plans for Client Portfolio
- Presentation of Measurement Plans, Blueprints and Audits to Clients
- Accountable for integrity in data collection and responsible for testing & Quality Assurance of deliverables
- Troubleshooting Tagging and Data Discrepancies in GTM, GA, GMP, Facebook and GAds
- Documentation of all projects, solutions and processes you work on for our clients in the client folder and file for scalability across team
- Creating Data Layer specifications and implementation guidelines for client development teams
- Identify opportunities for the business to cross-sell other services, including data analysis, attribution, ad-tech, CRM integration, marketing automation, conversion optimization, attribution, UX, Development, etc and flag opportunities to Team Lead or HOD and CS team.
- Collaborate with Consultants, Campaign Managers and Client Services teams for best results
- Stay up to date and educated on latest products and trends in measurement
- Deliver tasks on time and at a high quality
- Training to Incubeta teams and clients
- Quality Assurance of colleagues' work when requested
- Contribute thought leadership collateral pertaining to digital measurement and analysis industry
- Keep all task communication on Podio and assign a priority and time to completion on every task as soon as you are ready to start. Keep the progress status of all tasks in Podio up to date at all times.
- GA IQ certification
- Google Tag Manager Assessment
- Data Studio Assessment
- DV360 Certification Exam
- SA360 Certification Exam
- Campaign Manager Certification Exam
Next role: Senior technical implementation specialist
If you believe you fit the criteria for this role, please email your CV together with your cover letter to Natasha at moc.atebucni@astnelat. Take note that if you do not receive feedback on your application within two weeks of submission, your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted on 14 May 15:59
Apply by emailNatasha Veldsman
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Specialist, Marketing Specialist, Media Specialist, UX Specialist, Content Specialist, PPC Specialist
Get job alerts for Specialist jobs
Employee benefits company needs the services and expertise of an AA with strong guaranteed investment background Work accurately under pressure;High attention to...
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. We have an absolutely fabulous job opportunity for a mid-weight Digital Paid Media Specialist to join...
Specialist needed in Membership and Scheme rules needed to act and handle projects between IT, Clients and other stakeholders in business Grade 12Tertiary qualification...
Cape Town IT department needs an Asset Controller to manage the asset register, stock and financial controls in terms of SLA's Grade 12 or equivalent.Tertiary...
Cape Town Rand 280000 - Rand 420000 perMonth
Employee Benefits company needs the expertise of a Pricing and Risk professional Matric with Mathematics and Accounting/Physical ScienceCommerce Degree...
Cape Town Rand 38500 - Rand 56000 perMonth
Actuarial Specialist needed for Capital reporting You will be responsible for the quarterly Regulatory capital reportingCalculation of Investment Guarantee...
Group Risk Function - CFA / FRM for a Business unit within the Western Cape Qualified actuary or senior actuarial studentFinancial or risk management qualifications...
Cape Town Rand 28000 - Rand 38000 perMonth
Niche market company in delivering outstanding services to their clientele needs a Shipping Specialist Three years overall experience in a similar...
Western Cape Company needs a Fraud Specialist to join the team of Professional in detecting fraud in processes, payments and claimsWestern Cape Company needs a Fraud...
Cape Town Rand 28000 - Rand 33000 perMonth
Join a global luxury packaging solutions company as a digital marketing specialist. Requirements: Industry-related diploma/degreeThree+ years’ experience...
Opportunity A leading paediatric non-profit is seeking a digital marketing specialist with high energy, a collaborative approach and who has an interest in and love...
St. Joseph's Home for Chronically Ill Children
25 May 2021
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Cape Town, Bellville
Fishgate has an exciting position available for a dynamic SEO specialist who will be responsible for developing, optimising and implementing SEO strategies for a range...
20 May 2021
Knysna Rand 12000 - Rand 15000 perMonth neg
Conversion Advantage is one of South Africa’s leading digital marketing agencies.
18 May 2021
Cape Town, Woodstock Rand17500 perMonth neg
Basic function: Develop, implement and maintain paid media/ PPC campaigns, paid social media campaigns, and prepare data analytics reports.Key responsibilities and...
17 May 2021
Cape Town, Foreshore
As a senior technical implementation specialist in the analytics and data team, you will assist all teams locally (in South Africa) and internationally (Australia, UK...
Cape Town Rand 40000 - Rand 50000 perMonth
We are recruiting for a senior technical specialist to join a growing digital marketing agency within their data and analytics team.
Knysna Rand 12000 - Rand 14000 perMonth
Conversion Advantage is one of South Africa’s leading digital marketing agencies.
12 May 2021
We are looking for a digital paid media specialist to join our team in Cape Town.
12 May 2021
The role You will: Work directly with our clients to understand their brand and goals to allow you to build highly effective paid social advertising campaignsManage...
11 May 2021
Cape Town, Wood stock
Ogilvy Cape Town has an integrated, best-in-class retail offering and specialised retail team.
Cape Town, Table View Rand 25000 - Rand 35000 perMonth
Elemental is hiring! Calling all SEM Maestros! If you’re looking for a new opportunity and would like to be part of a tight-knit team, keep on...
Elemental - Web Solutions
28 Apr 2021
ENVIRONMENT: A reputable Retail Group seeks a solutions-driven Systems Analyst I to fill a 12-month contract role.
Northern Subs./Western Cape company looking for an Administrator to help in the underwriting department.You will be the link between the client and the...
Actuarial analyst - Two years exp in a similar role will land you the opportunity to join a progressive company in terms of employee development within the...
Accountant needed to join a Group of outlets in Wholesale and retail sector across the W/Cape Matric / Grade 12BComm degree in accountingArticles...
Cape Town, Pinelands Rand 10000 - Rand 15000 perMonth
Leading bar service and events company specialising in bespoke bar services and events is looking for a highly capable, detail orientated and dynamic client account...
Cape Town, Sea Point
A Hotel Group is seeking a Property Management Administrator and or Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their development team in Cape Town. The...
3 Jun 2021
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic PR Account Director to join the financial services team at...