- PMI launches new course and tool kit to help create a workforce of creative problem-solvers
- KZN unveils database to recruit unemployed graduates
- A preservation 'revival' will supercharge South Africa's retirement outcomes
GMP Tech Advisor
|Benefits:||Amazing offices; awesome people and culture; great coffee|
|Location:||Cape Town, Foreshore|
Job descriptionA GMP tech advisor is responsible for advising our international clients on the Google ad technology platforms that DQ&A resells to them (campaign manager, search ads 360, DV360, Google Ad Manager and Ad Exchange).
You will assist clients with product integration as well as advise on best practices and recommended setups. Furthermore you should be able to traffic campaigns, troubleshoot various issues within the different platforms as well as train clients and colleagues from beginners to advanced level. As a GMP tech advisor, you work closely both with the account teams, as well as with the clients directly.
Great communication skills are extremely useful when liaising with international colleagues, clients and publishers over email, Slack, Google Hangouts and through our ticketing system. By following our processes and workflows, the team stays organised and can easily keep track of the different client needs while sharing the workload.
Place within organisation
- Reports to the head of tech and services in the global ops team.
- Works internally with the media managers, T&S team, media consultants, commercial team and externally with clients.
- GMP tech advisor:
- Streamlining GMP stack integrations
- Providing clients with ad hoc or ongoing support (ranging from, but not limited to: network and campaign setup, tech support, troubleshooting, reporting, analysis and optimisations)
- Training and onboarding of clients and colleagues
- Taking charge of projects and up- and cross selling opportunities (initiating, documenting, testing, executing, analysing results and distributing knowledge to the team and assisting team members)
Knowledge and experience
- At least three to five years' experience within the digital industry
- Tech-savvy: you pick up new technology quickly and have intermediate knowledge and experience with programmatic media buying
- Experience and passion for online marketing
- Strong knowledge of and practical experience in the majority of the GMP stack (CM, DV360, SA360, Google Ad Manager and Ad Exchange)
- Knowledge on GMP product integration
- An understanding of API integrations and external reporting platforms is beneficial
- Knowledge of Google Ads preferable
- Able to operate within grey areas and without clear direction
- Experience in stabilizing high-pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Experience in working within a fast-paced global team
- Experience in working directly with operational and commercial teams. A clear understanding of digital commercial models and being able to work with commercial teams
- Outstanding ability to think creatively and strategically within the digital marketing space
- Project Management experience - You can work independently and prioritise multiple projects
- You are a great communicator, with the ability to talk with clients and other partners
- You are a self-starter that seeks knowledge and expertise in digital media buying
- Thinking ahead abd being able to identify areas of improvements within for clients
- Ability to understand the customer's key business and marketing challenges and translate this into how you can achieve these goals by working with the media buyers, media consultants and publishers
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and to create own opportunities
- Strong ability to prioritise and manage own time as well as assisting teams where needed
- Good technical communicator - be able to turn complexity into simplicity
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal and display professional and example behaviour at all times
- Specialised knowledge - have worked in a serious, thoughtful and sustained way to master the specialized knowledge needed to succeed in their fields; and that they keep this knowledge up-to-date so that they can continue to deliver the best work possible.
- Competency - Professionals get the job done. They're reliable, and they keep their promises. If circumstances arise that prevent them from delivering on their promises, they manage expectations upfront, and they do their best to make the situation right. Professionals don't make excuses but focus on finding solutions.
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times
- Be accountable for their actions even when making mistakes
- They exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence (EI) by considering the emotions and needs of others, and they don't let a bad day impact how they interact with colleagues or clients.
- Display strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues; display a strong team spirit.
- Maintain the highest standards of delivery, productivity and effectiveness at all times
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Be approachable and open to constructive criticism
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize a high volume of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced unpredictable environment.
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- This includes but is not limited to taking decisions independently while staying within the company guidelines;
- Proactive attitude, strategically minded, consultancy focussed.
- Continuous self-development without expecting to be taken by the hand.
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
- Contribute towards decision making
- A clear understanding of digital commercial models and being able to work with commercial teams.
- Thinking ahead anf being able to identify areas of improvements within for clients - this is from a performance point of view as well as tech.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Very diligent – staying on top of the details and understanding how they fit into the big picture
Posted on 14 May 15:46
Apply by emailNatasha Veldsman
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Consultant