|Get jobs on your |
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
This position is responsible for understanding and developing assigned territory to maximise and grow revenue and profits by selling OOH Advertising products/solutions to existing customers and acquiring new business. This position reports directly to the Commercial Manager.
Territory Managers are in charge of guiding an organization’s sales force. This includes reviewing previous sales results, pursuing more effective training and setting goals for sales teams. They often travel and work on evenings and weekends, since sales teams are usually divided geographical boundaries.
This positing is a highly integral part of the organization
Essential duties and responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Alliance Media Holdings (Pty) Ltd’s core products via successful completion of the required sales training program and utilise this knowledge to successfully sell Alliance Media Holdings (Pty) Ltd product solutions to new and existing customers in assigned territory.
- Create and execute a territory sales plan that meets or exceeds established sales budget/targets and supports company revenue and profit targets.
- Optimize business development plan by working closely with Country Operational Managers to maximise time in the field and overall efficiency through development and prequalification of leads.
- Optimize business development plan by working closely with Country Operational Managers to not only retain current landlords contracts but identify new sites for capital development.
- Meet regularly with existing customers and prospects in sales territory to understand their evolving business needs and position product solutions to meet surfaced needs.
- Continuously expand customer understanding and use Alliance Media Holdings (Pty) Ltd product solutions and capabilities.
- Build long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with existing and new customers.
- Maintain consistent communication and timely follow-up with customers and prospects and be available and responsive to customer’s real-time needs.
- Work effectively with internal support departments (Finance, Business Development, Operations and It & Administration, Product Development) to promote sales for new and existing customers to maximize Alliance Media Holdings (Pty) Ltd’s visibility with current and potential advertisers.
- Attend conferences and professional association meetings and promote Alliance Media Holdings (Pty) Ltd product solutions and brand.
- Complete sales activity reports and presentations in a timely manner.
- Manage allocated counties sales activities (New Sales, Renewals, Sales Collections) and ensure daily sales activities are meeting minimum acceptable standards and reports and tracked daily in Sage CRM
- Provide active support to the allocated country managers in meeting their objectives.
- Managing the allocated country Capital expenditure programs and budgets. Planning to execution of capex projects.
- Manging of the procurement to pay processes for the allocated countries in the territory
- Other duties may be assigned
The position will supervise the allocated country activities with Country Operations Managers as the direct reports.
- Country operations manager
- Regional operations manager
- Media sales executives
- Business development executives
- Operations supervisors
- Financial assistant
- Results-oriented, tenacious, self-starter who strategically plans for success
- Demonstrates impeccable sales acumen with passion and drive for success
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint,, Word and Excel requires Excellent presentation skills (excel, PowerPoint & Word) (development and delivery)
- Effective team player with ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Excellent planning, investigative, analytical and reporting skills
- Experience inputting and retrieving data to develop and/or nurture leads
- Experience with business to business and business to consumer sales techniques
- Strong management skills
- Ability to work in a high-intensity, fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet physical demands of jobs, including lifting, standing and walking and travelling in Africa
- Destination and compass – Has a written territory goals, has written strategic plan, writes compelling SMART goals and is committed to them, knows what must be done and why, has a developed action plan and follow the action plan, has determined possible obstacles and has a plan to deal with the obstacles, has checkpoints and debriefs daily, and continuously monitors performance in sales closures and general allocated country performance.
- Outlook – Believes in self, company and marketplace and is passionate about learning and growing. Takes responsibility for own success, doesn’t externalize, accepts challenges, does not take “no” as failure, but as an opportunity to succeed.
- Communication –Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution. - Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. - Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Character - Demonstrates unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others; Consistently models desired behaviours and values established by the company; Respects diversity of perspective in discussions and demonstrates an inclusive style; Demonstrates concerns for job safety for self and others.
- Sales acumen - Doesn’t take things personally, knows what to say or do at the appropriate time; Is cool under pressure and is prepared for whatever the prospect or client does or says; Doesn’t strategize "on the fly", doesn't over analyze, and stays in the moment; Asks thoughtful questions, displays effective listening, demonstrates product value; Is tenacious, maintains continuous contact with prospects and clients to establish need(s); Demonstrates effectiveness in linking product features/benefits to client needs.
- Results orientation – Makes fact-based decisions and follows through to completion, analyses and uses data to achieve sales goals, drives execution, initiates action and follow-ups to successful completion, effectively demonstrates how solutions will solve prospects or client’s problem(s), continuously conducts post call debriefs and performs pre-call strategies.
- Collaboration - Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects and people at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- Administrative management - Continuously manages administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, manages accurate and timely sales activity and performance reports, analyses report data to project trends and build forecasts, maintains accurate and complete client and prospect database.
The TM position is key to the support and direction of allocated country strategy development, follow up and supporting the country operations manager to be effective in managing their respective countries. TM will manage their respective country managers through both online and respective visits in handholding COMs in being effective in their positions A TM will manage a minimum of four countries.
Posted on 08 Nov 09:07
- Store Manager, Krugersdorp, Key West, Christian Art Distributors
- Senior Account Manager/Account Director, Johannesburg, Rivonia, MetropolitanRepublic Integrated Communications
- Manager Analytics/Insights, Johannesburg, Cresta, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Account Manager - Market Research, Johannesburg, Rivonia
- Business Manager, Johannesburg, Ad Talent
- Account Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Omni-Channel Marketing Manager, Johannesburg, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Retail Store Manager, Pretoria, Menlyn Park, Christian Art Distributors
- Social Media Community Manager, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Store Manager, Johannesburg, Christian Art Distributors
- Data Processing Manager - Marketing Research, Gauteng, Sandton, LayerCake recruitment
- Senior Business Development Manager, Randburg, Ferndale
- Media Sales Account Manager, Johannesburg, Northern suburbs, Adlink Personnel Placements
- Creative Marketing Manager - Design/Content, Randburg, Ferndale
- FMCG Brand Manager, Johannesburg
- Sales Manager, Johannesburg, Longmeadow, Edenvale
- Production Manager, Johannesburg, Longmeadow Edenvale
- Digital Content Manager, Pretoria
- Event Manager, Johannesburg
- Digital Media Manager, Johannesburg, Linden, Randburg, Newzroom Afrika
- Music Rights Manager, Johannesburg, Linden, Randburg, Newzroom Afrika
- Banqueting Manager, Johannesburg, Marshalltown
- Store Manager, Johannesburg, Christian Art Distributors
- Project Manager, Pretoria, Hatfiled
- Integrated Project Manager, Sandton, Bryanston
- National Field Sales Manager, Johannesburg, The Skills Mine
- Data Processing Manager - Marketing Research, Gauteng, Sandton Area, LayerCake recruitment
- Communications/Special Projects Office Manager, Johannesburg, Northern suburbs, Ad Talent
- Value/Access Manager, Johannesburg, The Skills Mine
- Sales Manager, Johannesburg, The Skills Mine