Social Media Manager
|Remuneration:||to be discussed |
|Company:||VMLY&R South Africa|
We are looking for an experienced, passionate social media manager to join our Johannesburg team as a content and community champion. The successful candidate will be a conversation-starting, idea-generating, trend-identifying and wordsmithing powerhouse. They would also have been bitten by the digital bug and would have a solid understanding of media tactics, analytics and reporting and have a passion for tech. As the social media manager, you will be responsible for acting as the voice of the brand across multiple digital platforms (not just social), representing their strategic positioning, and constantly looking for opportunities to build our community through conversation and interesting digital formats.
Personal profile and skills/responsibility requirement
- Social Manager with at least 3-5 years’ experience managing and growing brand
- Experience in using social listening tools like Brandwatch, Cardinal and the like.
- Experience and confidence using social media platforms
- Have some experience in media units (Facebook Ads, YouTube Bumpers)
- Reporting and Analytics
- Understanding of UX advantageous
- Understanding of SEO advantageous
- Young dynamic and on the pulse of culture.
- Preferably multi-lingual and is solidly rooted in our local Mzansi culture
- An energetic self-starter
- A big picture thinker you’ll be required to be the brand custodian and ensure the brand voice is consistent across every brand touch point as well as being the champion of cultural relevancy
- Be able to spot the gaps whether trends of tech
- A strategic thinker and a bad ass creative
- A lover for all things social media as well as the nuances of platform culture.
- Be a “social influencer” either infront of the mobile screen or behind it
- Work closely with our data team to identify opportunities and conversations that are strategically aligned.
- Team player – will need to collaborate with creative, data, Strat, UX, Tech as
- Be a confident wordsmith - our community champion will be the voice of the brand on social, adhering to tone guidelines, creating typo-free copy and
- conversations and representing the brand’s strategic positioning of financial inclusion.
- Stay up to date with digital technology trends
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- 3-5 years' social media experience
- Examples of work
Posted on 18 Oct 11:29, Closing date 17 Dec