- PMI launches new course and tool kit to help create a workforce of creative problem-solvers
- KZN unveils database to recruit unemployed graduates
- A preservation 'revival' will supercharge South Africa's retirement outcomes
Senior Paid Media Manager - Social
|Benefits:||Great office space, flexibility, amazing coffee, brilliant colleagues and much more|
|Location:||Cape Town, Foreshore|
Job descriptionOverview of job description
The media manager will be spending our clients digital budgets wisely within the real time bidding (RTB), paid social and paid search environment. Traders are required to know where best to buy inventory/online audiences for clients using demand side platforms/social platforms/paid search platforms and ensuring that client goals & ROI’s are met.
So what is a Media Manager?
Media Managers are responsible for maximising our advertisers digital budgets according to their required goals. Simply, Media Managers will be responsible for defining / creating digital RTB, paid social and paid search strategies, implementing this in platforms, and spending a predetermined budget - all to ensure client’s digital goals are met & that they see a full return on digital investment. You will need to understand how to buy inventory via various technologies at what price, inventory, audiences and programmatic strategies that will result in a successful campaign that meets the client’s overall business goals. This position is one of the few around South Africa and will be a major step in your online career.
- Works closely with Internal Country Consultants on strategic digital strategies
- Closely interacts with International Media Buying Consultancy and Account Management teams
Knowledge and experience
- Must have a passion for digital marketing and wanting to build a career within the digital space
- Minimum two year experience in buying media via demand side platforms as well as social platforms
- Experience with working on ad-servers - eg. Campaign Manager, Sizmek, Adform
- Experience in management of digital accounts with a ROI focus
- Experience in managing digital campaigns with performance driven goals
- Experience with managing digital campaigns for video and mobile
- Must know how to work with budgets and how to allocate them effectively across different types of online media
- Experience with Google Analytics and how to implement and interpret data
- Ability to troubleshoot tech issues within buying platforms and present solutions
- Must have the ability to understand and interpret the strategy and execute this within the applicable platforms
- Ability to analyze campaigns and implement strategy based on findings
- Ability to conduct post-campaign analysis and to present that to country teams/client
- Ability to build reporting templates which is suited for client
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work closely with senior team members and consultants to take direction with campaigns
- Very diligent – staying on top of the details
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Marketing
- Experience working in a Media Agency within PPC/Google Ads/Search
- Experience within Google Campaign Manager (CM)
- Experience with working in a SSP or exchanges
- Experience within the affiliate/Lead Generation sector
- Experience within Google Tag Manager 360 or any other tag management tool
- Good technical communicator - be able to turn complexity into simplicity
- Passion for online advertising technology
- Autonomous, proactive and resourceful
- Self-motivated and driven individual
- Cool under pressure
- Being able to take direction & working closely with team members and consultants
- Being able to share knowledge with team
- Employ Strategic Campaign set up with sufficient research and following direction given by country consultant
- Working closely with internal & external Consultants, Account Managers and Clients to develop and implement Media Buying strategies
- Working closely with CM team to ensure seamless integration with full GMP stack clients
- Being able to troubleshoot issues within CM and presenting solutions
- Build and traffic campaigns in DSP platforms including desktop, mobile, video - platforms are not limited to just one
- Analyse campaign performance and make recommendations for optimization
- Regular review of performance of campaigns across revenue, performance and pacing
- Ensure campaign delivery against revenue goals and Key Performance Indicators as established with the client and consultants
- Daily reporting and monitoring of campaigns to ensure performance goals and revenue objectives are met
- To ensure best practice RTB & buying techniques are employed at all times
- Being able to interpret data outside of programmatic and delivering holistic overview to client
- Ability to check different channel behaviour and impact of various channels on digital campaign performance eg. how does paid search influence performance on display / social
- Proactively seek new opportunities within programmatic space
- Ensure all correct revenues and media costs are reported on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all administration is accurate and up to date
- Being able to motivate oneself and to continue self development
- Close daily collaboration with consultants and client manager to understand client’s goals and needs, communicating campaign metrics and performance to Sales and Client as needed;
- Campaign performance analysis and presentation to client manager and / or consultant for all campaigns
- First level of troubleshooting and triage on technical and performance related issues
- Provide feedback and support to product management based on usage of NMPi MG proprietary technology platforms to help drive improvements and quality
- Work regularly with R&D team on giving real-time product improving feedback as well as collaborating with them on new campaign optimization techniques
The Media Buyer is able to independently set up and execute online campaigns for all international customers, in close accordance with the responsible client executive.
Key competencies and work ethic
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Display professional and example behaviour at all times
- Specialized knowledge - have worked in a serious, thoughtful and sustained way to master the specialized knowledge needed to succeed in their fields; and that they keep this knowledge up-to-date, so that they can continue to deliver the best work possible.
- Competency - Professionals get the job done. They're reliable, and they keep their promises. If circumstances arise that prevent them from delivering on their promises, they manage expectations up front, and they do their best to make the situation right. Professionals don't make excuses, but focus on finding solutions.
- Gets the job done with a can do attitude
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times
- Be accountable for their actions even when making mistakes
- Show respect for the people around them, no matter what their role or situation.
- They exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence (EI) by considering the emotions and needs of others, and they don't let a bad day impact how they interact with colleagues or clients.
- Project a positive attitude at all times towards clients team members and motivate team members when they are less positive.
- Display strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues; display a strong team spirit.
- Maintain the highest standards of delivery, productivity and effectiveness at all times
- Organized and detail oriented
- Display focus and dedication at all times
- Be approachable and open to constructive criticism
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize high volume of projects simultaneously in a fast paced unpredictable environment.
- Ability to remain calm and thrive under pressure
- Strong problem solving skills
- Display a high level independence.
- This includes but is not limited to taking decisions independently while staying within the company guidelines; Proactive attitude; staying self-motivated; being self-reliant; continuous self-development without expecting to be taken by the hand.
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
- Respect, appreciate and contribution towards decision making
Posted on 14 May 13:22
Apply by emailNatasha Veldsman
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Account Manager, Store Manager, Digital Account Manager, Campaign Manager, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Social Media Manager, Media Manager, Media Specialist
Get job alerts for Media Manager jobs
Cape Town Rand 17000 - Rand 20000 perMonth neg
We are looking for a Cape Town-based Digital jack/Jill of all trades to join our growing team.
14 Jun 2021
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. We have a terrific job opportunity for an experienced Social Media Brand Manager with leadership...
We have a fabulous job opportunity that’s “on the nose” for a mid-weight wine-loving Social Media Manager at an historic wine farm in Stellenbosch.
Hellomedia is looking for a savvy campaign manager that will be able to work well within a team as well as independently.
Cape Town, Foreshore
Overview of job description The media manager will be spending our clients digital budgets wisely within the real-time bidding (RTB), paid social and paid search...
Cape Town, Foreshore
NMPi is an award-winning digital marketing agency with over 14 years of experience in delivering global campaigns with granular localised targeting.
Cape Town, Foreshore
Overview of job description The senior media manager will be spending our clients digital budgets wisely within the Paid Search, Paid Social or real time bidding...
Cape Town, Muizenberg
An innovative personal care company based in Muizenberg is looking for a vibrant social media manager with a passion for textured haircare, skincare and beauty.
24 May 2021
Paddington Station PR is an nine-year-old strategic and award-winning PR and communications agency that applies the latest research and insights on post-demographic...
Paddington Station PR
24 May 2021
Cape Town, Foreshore
Overview of the job description The paid media manager (social and display) will be spending our client's digital budgets wisely within the real-time bidding (RTB)...
Cape Town, Wynberg Rand22000 perMonth neg
CTG (Committed to Good) enables humanitarian projects through recruitment, effective HR and delivery of Duty of Care. Operating in 25 fragile and conflict-affected...
CTG (committed to good)
11 May 2021
Cape Town, Durbanville
We are looking for a detail-orientated paid media specialist who has at least two to three years of experience in the day-to-day management of paid digital...
Imagine This Digital
11 May 2021
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference. We have an absolutely fabulous job opportunity for a mid-weight Digital Paid Media Specialist to join...
We are looking for a digital paid media specialist to join our team in Cape Town.
12 May 2021
Cape Town, Mowbray
A Mowbray based Software house is on the lookout for an Intermediate Java Developer to produce the highest quality solutions across business processes.