- BizTrendsLIVE!2020 speakers announced and booking open
- Gender diversity in the telecoms industry makes solid business sense
- Finding your first job: a step-by-step guide for grads
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R3900 - R4900 per month Basic salary|
|Benefits:||Free Gym Membership|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Randburg Square|
|Reference:||#Rece - RBS|
Job descriptionJob brief
We are looking for a Receptionist to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
What does a Receptionist do?
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our company. Our Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus.
Ultimately, a Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus
First and foremost, you should focus on your verbal and written communication skills, along with your sharp listening abilities. Play up your customer service successes and your track record of providing office support.
Handling several tasks simultaneously is the status quo for receptionists. Some examples include juggling multiple phone lines; face-to-face contact with clients, visitors and employees; and clerical duties. Note the types of tasks and situations you've handled regularly – and how you did so calmly and efficiently.
Receptionists are often tasked with tackling dozens of duties at once, with many requests coming in on the fly, requiring you to operate with grace under fire. Detail how you prioritize multiple projects and requests. The last thing an employer wants is an easily flustered receptionist.
A stellar receptionist resume shows that you're organized in every task or project you take on. A great receptionist should be able to find files and phone numbers at a moment's notice and maintain a tidy work area. On your receptionist resume, highlight a filing system you implemented or how you typically organize key contacts so you always have them at your fingertips.
5. Technical skills
Your receptionist resume should include your experience using phone systems, copiers and printers. Word processing skills are a must, while familiarity with Excel, desktop publishing or industry-specific software can give you an edge. Be sure to play up these assets.
6. Interpersonal skills
As a receptionist, you are the eyes and ears of the company, making soft skills like dealing with office politics crucial to protecting your own reputation and the company's. Note your ability to maintain good relationships with employees at all levels of the company, including executives.
7. Initiative and problem-solving abilities
In a recent OfficeTeam survey, administrative professionals noted how they are taking on a multitude of tasks beyond their conventional role, including event planning and controlling costs. In the same survey, most managers interviewed said that support staff have taken on other key tasks, including helping companies manage their social media profiles and with screening job applicants. Prove how essential you've been to past managers by highlighting on your receptionist resume examples of ways you took the initiative to solve problems and take on special projects.
Because receptionists interface with nearly every client and employee — whether it's face to face or on the phone — they need to be highly dependable. Spell out in your receptionist resume your track record for not letting anything slip through the cracks.
While some of these skills may seem like a given, it's essential to bring them to light in your receptionist resume. Showing that you're well-rounded in these eight areas could give you the edge during the hiring process.
Posted on 12 Nov 08:52
- Receptionist, Johannesburg, Wynberg, Sandton
- Logistics Administrator, Johannesburg, Longmeadow Edenvale
- Event Administrator, Johannesburg, Blairgowrie
- Microsoft SQL Data Base Administrator, Johannesburg, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Administrator, johannesburg, Randburg Square, Gym Company
- Project Administrator, Sandton, Bryanston
- Administrator/Assistant, Pretoria, Faerie Glen