- First Innovation and Digital Skills Centre opens in Mthatha
- How Covid changed e-learning forever
- Burger King decision: A case of govt policies working against each other?
Senior QlikView Developer
|Benefits:||Medical aid, group life and optional RA (structured into CTC)|
Job descriptionYou are a skilled QlikView Developer with strong interpersonal skills & technical BI experience. You have 'stickability' when it comes to embarking on a steep learning curve in order to fully understand the DataOrbis technology stack, processes, and service offerings.
You have a three to five+ years of solid QlikView experience in the development and maintenance of QlikView dashboards, models, data mining and analytics and exposure and experience with the full Qlik suite including QlikView, QlikSense, NPrinting and QlikView Management Console.
You are skilled in gathering requirements for business reporting needs, analysing how best to fulfil these requirements, and ultimately ensuing that these requirements are met from a technical perspective. This includes modelling data in the Qlik environment and building front-end dashboards and analytical tools that align to the Smollan Data Office brand standards. You have robust business process and best practice knowledge as relates to report development and design.
You have strong attention to detail and are meticulous in ensuring your delivery is up to the highest standards as required by the business. You are proactive and tenacious and are happiest when designing and developing reports that meet client needs.
You enjoy working within a team-based environment are confident in your communication to effectively manage both up and down, communicating continuously, and ensuring that all involved are aware of timelines and deliverables as per the client’s requirements.
You will be part of a cross functional team and will report directly into the Head of the Smollan Data Office and will work closely with the greater “build’ team and Data Business Partner in ensuring the development and delivery of technical solutions according to the client’s needs.
- Effectively understanding business requirements and translating these into usable technical solutions.
- Participating in business requirements analysis together with the Business Analyst.
- Developing front-end models, dashboards and analytical tools that can be easily accessed and analysed as per our clients’ requirements.
- Performing Data Modelling within the Qlik server architecture.
- Ensuring extracted data is stored efficiently and in the required formats.
- Executing tasks according to the specified requirements from internal and external parties.
- Escalating tasks which deviate from project plans.
- Managing support calls, both internally and externally, and attending to tickets and requests in a timely manner.
- Ensuring existing models, dashboards and business rules are regularly maintained.
- Self-learning and implementation of additional BI tools.
- Responding promptly and professionally to data and report requests.
- Mentoring and guiding of Junior Data Visualisation Developers within the team.
- Setting up and monitoring daily/weekly monthly burst reports.
RequirementsA tertiary qualification, BCom Informatics/Information Systems Degree or equivalent. 3 – 5+ Year’s business experience with a minimum of 3 years Development experience in QlikView, QlikSense, NPrinting and QlikView Management Console. A QlikView Certification and exposure to Microsoft (BI tool stack) and/Data Warehousing BI & Project methodologies would be highly advantageous.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Project).
- Experience in data modelling and data warehousing concepts like Star schema, Snowflake schema, Dimensions, and Facts.
- Knowledge of QlikView server Architecture.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally communicate and interact with both internal team members and external clients on an ongoing basis to communicate progress, developments and difficulties encountered.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks to meet deadlines as specified.
- Troubleshooting skills with the ability to investigate and resolve issues on either an individual basis or in conjunction with the team.
- Flexible and agile with the ability to work on multiple concurrent clients and projects.
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to develop logical solutions to a query or process and/or follow guidelines and specifications.
- A strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills with the ability to build and elicit trust.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change in a high paced rapidly evolving environment.
- Service and delivery orientated.
- Innovative and results driven.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Logical and structured thought process.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills.
- A process driven individual.
- High attention to detail.
- Takes ownership and remains accountable.
- Passionate and self-motivated with a sound values and belief system.
Company DescriptionDataOrbis is a global cloud-based information solutions company that provides market and business intelligence solutions to the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry. Our solutions combine people, process and leading-edge cloud technology to facilitate and inform business decisions that are customised to our client’s needs.
We have a wealth of experience and expertise in information technology and market information services in the consumer goods and retail industries and are a leading innovator in this sector serving well-known brands across the African continent and beyond. We currently have offices in South Africa, Kenya and the UAE.
Our values are the absolute foundation of our business and we believe in attracting, recruiting, retaining and developing the right skills at the right place at the right time and constantly focus on engaging our team in a winning environment.
The core values and their associated behaviours which form the DNA of our team and business are:
Posted on 14 May 15:59
See also: Developer, Java Developer, C# Developer, .Net developer, Front-End Developer, Software Developer, Web Developer, Front End Developer, Android Developer, Mobile Developer
Get job alerts for Developer jobs
Johannesburg Rand350000 - Rand360000 perYear
A team of experienced and motivated professionals with over 30 years of experience in delivering high quality e-learning solutions to the African market is on the scout...
Johannesburg Rand30000 - Rand35000 perMonth
Our client, a leading insurance (health and finance) company, seeks to hire a talented and skilled ASP.NET web developer. This is a full-time...
Our Nomad Now Client, one of the largest independent management consulting firms in South Africa is looking for passionate full-stack software engineers to design...
Johannesburg, Bruma Rand15000 - Rand20000 perMonth
Front-end Developers are responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application.
2 days ago
This is cool long-term contracting work, for Senior Full Stack Java Developer’s looking to step out of the conventional investment banking environment and join a...
A German industrial giant is looking for an extremely talented and passionate Python FullStack Developer with expertise in data science and optimization to join their...
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a world class technology environment? If so, a German Manufacturing business based in Midrand is looking for a Senior Java...
Clockwork is looking for a senior full-stack developer to join its growing tech team.
11 Jun 2021
An international Automotive company is urgently seeking a full stack Java developer to join their team at head offices in Midrand.
Johannesburg, Bryanston Rand850000 - Rand950000 perYear
I am getting all the Zen feels with this one!! This job comes with an incredible team & a nurturing environment that really look after their employees + promise high...
Java Developer v6-8 needed for a large company in Insurance.
Develop and maintain innovative iOS hearing aid platforms, ensuring code is generated that is to specification, neat, accurate & scalable as the next Senior iOS...
Johannesburg Rand1000000 - Rand1100000 perYear
NEW WORK Join a product shop specializing in SaaS across the SA, Oz and the USA Market.
Johannesburg Rand450 - Rand500 perHour
A South African-based financial services group, offering personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth, and investment...
Johannesburg, Sandton Rand900000 - Rand1000000 perYear
This job is worthy of a good discussion; they’re not trying to mimic other banks but rather are trending as the first behavioural group within their class.
If you love the challenge of solving complex problems, then your expertise as a self-driven & highly technical Senior UWP/WPF C# Developer is sought by a Joburg...
Johannesburg Rand900000 - Rand1000000 perYear
One of the leading digital financial services giants is looking for a superstar C# developer with strong C# programming language and experience working with...
Devops skills needed for a multi national in Gauteng DevOps Developer - Midrand area Five years’ experience as a Developer, Tester or System...
Developer needed in Gauteng with RPG / Iseries skills Developer needed in Gauteng with RPG / Iseries skills IT related degree OR DIPLOMA (B Sc or B Comm.) will be...
An international Automotive company is urgently seeking a Full Stack Java Developer to join their with head offices in Midrand.
Johannesburg, Midrand Rand700 - Rand750 perHour
Are you a creative, lateral thinker who is passionate about technology and are up to tackle a challenge that comes your way? Then apply today. A German...
Johannesburg, Midrand Rand750 - Rand800 perHour
Are you keen on working in a new environment that will challenge you whilst allowing you to work with the latest cutting edge technologies? A German automotive...
Johannesburg, Melrose Arch
A dominant local Software as a Service provider doing work for local and international clients is looking for a solid .Net Developer to join their team of superstars.
We are looking for a qualified Wordpress and Website developer to join our digital marketing team.
Digital Gap Digital Marketing Agency
4 Jun 2021
Johannesburg, Sandton Rand900000 - Rand1000000 perYear
A reputable life insurance hub with solid infrastructure and well-established best practices is looking for a rockstar developer to join its winning team.
Johannesburg Rand900000 - Rand1000000 perYear
A Durban based firm is expanding its BI and data science capabilities and its currently looking for an experienced BI developer to support its local and international...
ThinkTank is a dynamic Creative agency providing design and web development services.
aka ThinkTank Creative
2 Jun 2021
Johannesburg, Midrand Rand900000 - Rand1000000 perYear
A Midrand based specialised IT services and solutions provider is currently looking to employ a passionate SNR Data Developer/Systems Analyst with a deep set of skills...
Johannesburg, Midrand Rand999000 - Rand1000000 perYear
Senior Oracle Data Developer/Systems Analyst A Midrand-based specialised IT services and solutions provider is currently looking to employ a passionate SNR Data...
Johannesburg, Newtown Rand600000 - Rand650000 perYear
A very specialized role has become available at business that is constantly breaking new ground when it comes to the way we do banking in this country.