|Location:||Johannesburg, Randburg Ferndale|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
Rapid Blue, one of the leading production companies in Africa, is looking for a creative developer to join the creative team.
Closing date for applications: 15 June 2022
Start date: 1 August 2022Responsibilities:
- Take briefs, brainstorm, research, conceptualise, develop, write-up and present treatments in response to client briefs.
- Proactively develop new creative properties for Rapid Blue.
- Contribute creative ideas to Rapid Blue’s Development Department and assist on projects with the creative skills you possess - chiefly writing.
- Take detailed briefs from the Head of Creative Development, Head of Television and Managing Director, and occasionally from clients, with full understanding of the creative, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Brainstorm, research and develop concepts suited to the client brief.
- Work closely with the Head of Creative Development to ensure that clients’ needs and expectations are being met in the treatment and that the treatment will be presented in accordance with the client’s expected timelines.
- Rework concepts according to clients’ needs.
- Find creative solutions for delivering high-end productions on smaller budgets.
- Be flexible and available to help with other productions, with creative development and/or researching.
- Be involved in creative-, skill- and idea-sharing sessions to help grow Rapid Blue’s creative capacity.
- Stay abreast of local and global trends (especially African pop culture) in the TV and online engagement landscapes, production processes and available technology.
- Stay abreast of the branded entertainment landscape and understand how it can be used to meet marketing objectives.
Email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Creative Developer” as the subject:
If you do not receive feedback within 3 weeks of applying, you may consider your application unsuccessful.
- CV with 2 contactable references
- Cover letter (tell us why we should pick you!)
- Copy of qualifications or letter from institution
- Copy of ID
Visit us at https://rapidblue.com/
- A media-related or English diploma/degree qualification (or equivalent).
- 8 - 15 years’ experience in the production industry.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft and Apple applications.
- Graphic and editing skills advantageous.
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate clearly, understandably, and assertively.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and writing skills.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent creative solution skills.
- Proficient in Keynote and PowerPoint to create and present strong treatments.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Basic video editing skills for video required for inclusion within Keynote or PowerPoint presentations.
- Interpersonal skills to deal with brands, their agencies and partners.
- Solid general knowledge and interest in current affairs, pop culture and African culture.
- Ability to contribute effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to think logically.
- Able to deliver well-researched, accurate, insightful, and outstanding material within deadline and in accordance with the brief.
- Strong ability to receive and apply feedback.
- Able to take initiative and be pro-active and innovative.
- Energy and enthusiasm in area of expertise.
- Open to job flexibility and assisting colleagues wherever possible.
- High level of creativity, especially in the ideation of new concepts articulated in deck form for internal consideration as solutions to platform needs
Started in 1993 by Duncan and Kee-Leen Irvine, Rapid Blue is built on passion, strategic thinking, innovation, quality and deep insights into our audiences. We’ve grown from a boutique business into a production powerhouse, infusing a host of global hits with local flavour, developing original content, creating authentic brand experiences, winning loads of awards and building deep, lasting relationships.
Our productions and facilitations include Dancing With the Stars, The Bachelor, Family Feud, Got Talent, Shark Tank, Come Dine With Me, Love Island, and I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here to name just a few.
Creativity and agility are at the heart of what we do and we’re experts at finding innovative and cost effective solutions to any content challenge that comes our way. Whether it is a television commission or developing content around a brand’s marketing strategy, we’re able to draw on our incredible production experience and world class networks to create talked-about content that makes a measurable difference to our clients and their audiences. We are currently proposing a number of broadcast and online solutions for various clients who are facing unprecedented challenges due to the worldwide pandemic of Covid-19.
Rapid Blue is all about strategy, process, craft and collaboration and we’ll work hard to get to know a brand, channel or platform to make sure we deliver on their objectives as seamlessly and as swiftly as possible. We are experts in putting together advertiser funded programming, with a track record of hit-shows that have had a positive impact on our clients’ bottom line. We’re able to align brands with the world’s biggest entertainment formats, or create something bespoke that truly gets a brand’s message out there.
Online and mobile are the strongest platforms for turning content into personal, intuitive and accessible experiences, especially for mobile-conscious African audiences, where broadcast access may be limited. We know how to adapt content designed for on-air viewers to non-linear creative strategies for online consumers.
BBC Studios invested in Rapid Blue in 2016 and we are their production partners in Africa, having produced The Great South African Bake Off, the evergreen Come Dine With Me and, a new offering, First Dates South Africa.
Posted on 13 May 14:02, Closing date 16 Jun