- Making a hospital space feel psychologically safer helped South African health workers
- Evolution of workforce skills demand - what the future holds
- 5 key trends shaping the post-pandemic workplace
Media Operations Manager
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Job level:||Management Jnr-Mid|
Job descriptionWe are a cloud-based television channel creator and distributor seeking a talented individual to join our team to oversee management of our media assets in a high-pressure multi-channel television broadcast environment.
As part of the team responsible for performing timely media ingest and file processing activities for our own and associated partner channels’ shortform and longform content, you will manage the daily operations of the Media Operations facility. You will be required to ensure the smooth operation of the media ops department, accountable for the accurate and timely processing of longform and shortform media assets to ensure on-time delivery and backup of compliant content.
- Provide operational support for all channels and media clients.
- Oversee the media operations workflow of longform and shortform assets - from tracking incoming assets, content ingest and encoding, to delivery and archive.
- Quality check videos and deliverables to ensure all assets meet our high standards, appropriate specs and are ready for upload and archive.
- Ensure the prompt resolution of any issues related to file integrity, media attributes, and content compliance that may arise.
- Maintain our physical asset inventories and manage HDD and LTO archives to ensure assets are archived in line with company policy.
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with all internal and external partners.
- Oversee the Media Operations team to ensure they meet tight deadlines. Mentor team members to develop the capacity and efficiency of the team.
- Enforce Standard Operating Procedures and document department processes for media management, storage and content security policies.
- Track department productivity and compliancy metrics to ensure optimum efficiency and quality of services and seek opportunities to improve existing processes.
- Ensure acceptable levels of performance of mission critical computer resources, and the prompt resolution of equipment maintenance issues and MAM system performance concerns.
- Assist with the management of shared storage volumes and cloud archival accounts.
- Provide first responder technical support for the day to day operations, ICT systems and new applications.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Take a proactive approach to information security by reporting any information security incidents or potential information security threats to senior management.
Company DescriptionAfricaXP is a digital content distributor and themed linear channel creator offering content and TV channels with an African twist to both mainstream and niche diaspora audiences worldwide. Our custom built African and International themed channels are available to major established broadcast operators as well as growing DTH, DTT, OTT and VOD operators in Africa, Europe, North America and beyond.
- Education: A relevant qualification in film and television
- Languages: Business English
- A minimum of five years' experience in media distribution within a television broadcast environment.
- Knowledge of media processing tools including:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Media Encoder)
- LTO archiving
- Google Docs (very admin orientated)
- File Transfer Protocols (Aspera, Filezilla, File Catalyst, Dropbox, Google Drive, Filemail etc.)
- Scheduling software
- Windows Server 2016 – server maintenance
- Knowledge of media asset management (MAM) software and CMS
- Microsoft Office
- AnyDesk / Teamviewer
- Experience with meta-data tagging.
- Experience with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of audio/video file formats, television standards, content ratings, codecs, bitrates, frame rates, video resolutions, aspect ratios, broadcast audio configurations and electronic delivery technologies
- Must work well with little or no supervision and have a strong attention to detail.
- Must display a strong understanding of media workflows and best practices.
- Must have excellent communication skills: written and spoken (including the ability to assist non-technical staff with complex technical issues).
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines and have the ability to self-motivate.
- Must be a team player with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible for work to include weekends and holidays.
- Proven ability to lead, train, and motivate a team.
Posted on 30 Nov 12:00
Apply by emailSue
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Store Manager, Account Manager, Account Director, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Account Executive, Branch Manager, Brand Manager, Campaign Manager
Get job alerts for Operations Manager jobs
An awesome opportunity for an awesome data operations manager is ready for the taking.
Would you like to showcase your BI Operations Manager skills within one of SA forefront investment Banking environments? We need an individual with strong process...