|Get jobs on your |
Lecturer - TV Post Production
Afda (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) is the leading film school in SA, and a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools. The Afda values are passion, self-discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Television lecturer for TV postproduction
As the discipline lecturer for television postproduction, Afda is looking for a committed and dedicated industry professionals to lecture and provide support to undergraduate students. The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the postproduction world of television. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace Afda's unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at Afda. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop a distinctive African voice to their productions. In this way, we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for a sustainable local film industry.
- Lecturing undergraduate television students
- Teaching TV postproduction
- Coordinate, monitor and support student TV campus productions in postproduction
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
- Assessment registration for the term’s assessments
- At least five years’ experience in the television, film and entertainment industry.
- Relevant Honours or Masters degree in television, film and/or media studies with specialisation in television post-production.
- Technical and theoretical teaching of editing.
- Know at least two editing software packages, preferably Premiere Pro and FCP7
- Competent in After Effects and Photoshop to create broadcast designs,
- Knowledge of television post-production workflow
- Teaching experience with students or young creatives
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to a high integrity of excellence
- Culturally aware and sensitive
- A CV (no certificates)
- Email and telephone contact details
- Three references
Type: Full-time fixed-term contract
Campus location: 2a Highdale Road, Glen Anil, Durban
Start date: 14 January 2019ASAP
Salary: Negotiable on experience and qualification.
Applications close: 7 December 2018
Posted on 21 Nov 14:16
Get job alerts for Lecturer jobs
- Production Course Lecturer/Researcher, Durban, AFDA
- Head of Production Course/Lecturer/Content Developer, Durban, AFDA
- Junior Film Sound Design Lecturer, Durban, AFDA
- Cinematography Lecturer, Durban, AFDA
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731