- More to NQF Amendment Act
- 2020 EE Report submissions open
- When completion of probation doesn't automatically mean permanent placement...
|Get jobs on your |
Lead UI Designer
|Benefits:||Two complimentary online short courses per year, medical aid subsidy, on-site gym, discounted healthy meals and an in-house barista.|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
Job descriptionAre you a digital and UI design expert and would love to move into the EdTech space?
Are you passionate about leading, motivating and guiding other designers to produce high-quality work and build their careers?
We want to meet you!
Summary of job:
The main purpose of a lead UI designer is to oversee visual communications for all digital and user-facing marketing collateral, to the highest standard, in keeping with the company and partners' visual style guides and manage designers directly under their report.
The Lead UI designer is a dual-purpose tinkerer who is both passionate about a digital design environment while managing people.
The Lead UI must be a creative problem solver with explicit attention to detail, especially in the areas of interaction design, responsive interaction patterns, and animation.
More info when you click "apply".
Key role and responsibilities:
- Conceptualise and answer briefs autonomously and brainstorm innovative and functional solutions with key teams.
- Assist Manager with innovation in strategies, priorities and principles for design that drive the team forward.
- Collaborate with other departments and the rest of the Creative team to understand project needs and ensure the output of the highest quality.
- Guide and provide feedback in a clear and respectful to peers, junior, mid-weight and senior members of the team.
- Establish and foster excellent relationships with team and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time with excellent attention to detail.
- Responsible for Design Reviews and final sign-off of creative work across the UI team, as well as some of the other marketing material in the studio (ie. Landing Pages, Prospectus’, Module Breakdowns, Co-brand guidelines).
Company Description2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, is a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities. We build, deliver, and support digital and in-person educational offerings, including graduate degrees, professional certificates, Trilogy boot camps, and GetSmarter short courses. Our Cape Town office is the homebase of operations for our short course product, GetSmarter, which was acquired by 2U in 2017.
- Eight+ years of work experience.
- Three+ years of people management experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Design Diploma/Degree).
- Evidence of experience within the listed responsibilities.
- Technical knowledge and computer literacy essential: Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision, a great understanding of HTML and CSS.
UI designers (junior, mid-weight, senior)
Posted on 09 Sep 10:48
Get job alerts for Designer jobs
- PHP Web Developer - Drupal, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Graphic Designer, Cape Town
- Mid-Senior Graphic Designer, Pretoria, Centurion
- Digital Learning Designer, Cape Town, Gardens, CBD
- Exhibition/Industrial Designer, Cape Town, Southern suburbs
- Mid-Level Graphic/Digital Designer, Cape Town, Muizenberg
- Senior Web Developer, Cape Town, Century City, DigiOutsource
- Junior Graphic Designer, Stellenbosch
- C# .NET Web Developer, Cape Town, Woodstock, Bizcommunity.com
- Graphic/Digital Designer, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Mid-Senior UI Designer, Cape Town, M&C Saatchi Abel
- Graphic Designer, Cape Town, DigiOutsource
- Art Director/Graphic Designer/Digital, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
- Packaging Designer, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, LayerCake recruitment
- Web Developer, Cape Town, CBD, Ad Talent
- Mid-Level Digital Designer, Durbanville, xneelo
- Senior Motion Designer/CG Artist, Cape Town
- 3D Product Designer, Cape Town, Observatory
- Midweight Graphic Designer, Cape Town, Cardilogix
- Senior Graphic Designer, Somerset West
- Junior Designer, Cape Town
- Graphic Designer/Art Director, Cape Town
- Web Designer, Cape Town, Northern suburbs
- Designer, Cape Town, Durbanville
- Junior to Mid Web Designer, Cape Town, CBD, The Publishing Partnership
- Mid to Senior Web Designer, Cape Town, CBD, The Publishing Partnership
- Front-End Designer, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Mid Product Designer, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Product Designer, Cape Town, Woodstock