- Deutsche Bank job cuts are tip of the iceberg for the finance industry
- Amazon to upskill 100,000 employees with in-demand skills
- Workplace wizards unite: A new union you did not invite in...
|Get jobs on your |
Senior Course Iterations Coordinator
|Benefits:||Two complimentary online short courses per year, Medical Aid subsidy, on-site gym, discounted healthy meals and an in-house barista.|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
Job descriptionSummary of job:
As part of the Course Iterations team, Senior Course Iterations Coordinators are responsible for supporting the ongoing maintenance of the existing short course portfolio from presentation to presentation. Course maintenance is done through the implementation of iterative review changes and updates that ensure ongoing relevance, up-to-date content, pedagogical soundness, and accuracy. Senior Course Iterations Coordinators balance their functional roles in course maintenance project and the management and support of a team of Course Iterations Coordinators.
Senior Course Iterations Coordinators are responsible for documenting, consolidating and implementing ongoing changes to course presentations on the Online Campus (Moodle) based on feedback from external stakeholders (faculty, tutors and students), and internal presentation teams. This is done through formal maintenance projects, such as course reviews and evaluations, while also overseeing the implementation of urgent updates raised through the course queries process, and smaller tweaks/”hot fixes” arising out of the Quality Forum. The Senior Course Iterations Coordinator also oversees the accuracy and quality of the updates performed by their team by conducting quality assurance of their work, and managing and supporting their performance. Success in this role is defined by one's ability to problem-solve, while balancing academic, technological, and human concerns against tight delivery timelines.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Implement scheduled updates to course content (Evaluations, P1 reviews, time-sensitive reviews) by consulting with subject matter experts and/or the Head Tutor/Learning Facilitator and faculty to gather the necessary information and confirm the accuracy of the changes.
- Oversee the accuracy and timely resolution of course queries (within 24 hours) and ad hoc changes by performing spot checks, and supporting the process by removing any obstacles, and liaising directly with the production and presentation functions within the business, Head Tutors/Learning Facilitators and faculty as required.
- Manage professional development and performance of direct reports.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of new Course Iterations Coordinators.
- Recommend and implement improvements to department processes, with a focus on quality and efficiency.
RequirementsEducation and experience:
- Minimum three+ years of work experience.
- Strong English language skills and experience in proofreading and/or quality assurance.
- Moodle or Learner Management System platform experience beneficial (entry- to mid-level).
- Computer literacy, including competence in using word processing and internet browsing applications, and email and online task management.
- Strong lateral thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- A high level of confidence, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills/ability to get buy-in through influence.
- Good work ethic and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise effectively under pressure.
- People management experience preferred.
- Course Iterations is a new function in the Learning Design team that combines Learning Design and Learning Technology expertise. You will need to be proactive in refining processes and systems, and manage ambiguity well.
- 2U is a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and you will be expected to keep up (while getting the necessary level of support). You are expected to be proactive, self-directing and to speak up when you need additional support.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in production teams.
- We don’t micromanage. So, you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompts and manage up appropriately.
- Things change all the time. 2U is a very dynamic environment which means that you will need the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Feedback forms part of the daily rhythms in the company and you will need to be receptive to providing and receiving continuous feedback.
- Course cterations coordinators
Posted on 26 Jun 08:04
- Circulations Coordinator, Cape Town, Ramsay Media
- Office Coordinator, Cape Town, Observatory, Black River Park
- Brand Coordinator, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Customer Service/Production Coordinator - Printing Industry, Cape Town, Epping Industria
- Digital/Social Media Coordinator, Cape Town, Newlands, Claremont
- Brand Ambassador Coordinator, Cape Town, Montague Gardens, Tradeway Promotions
- Course Iterations Coordinator, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Advertising Operations Coordinator, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Marketing Coordinator, Cape Town, Goodwood
- Imports Merchandise Coordinator, Cape Town, Maitland
- International Sales Coordinator, Cape Town, Seapoint, Premier Hotels & Resorts
- Manager, Cape Town, Christian Art Distributors
- Talent Acquisition Administrator, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, Home Choice
- Property Administrator, Cape Town, Tokai
- Front of House / Member Administrator, Somerset West, Onyx Group Holdings
- SAP Logistics Functional Analyst, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Procurement Logistics Management, Cape Town, Parow, Intelligent Placement
- PA, Cape Town, Cardilogix
- Client Relations/Support, Cape Town, Trusted Interns
- Technical Support Agent (Remote Position), Cape Town
- Campaign Administrator/Manager, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Content Management Administrator, Cape Town, Gardens
- HR Administrator, Cape Town, Goodwood
- Regional Promotions Manager, Cape Town, Milnerton Area
- BI Administrator/Data Capturer, Somerset West, Onyx Group Holdings