- Deutsche Bank job cuts are tip of the iceberg for the finance industry
- Amazon to upskill 100,000 employees with in-demand skills
- Workplace wizards unite: A new union you did not invite in...
|Get jobs on your |
Course Iterations Coordinator
|Benefits:||Two complimentary online short courses per year, Medical Aid subsidy, on-site gym, discounted healthy meals and an in-house barista.|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
Job descriptionSummary of job:
Course Iterations Coordinators are responsible for supporting the ongoing maintenance of the existing short course portfolio from presentation to presentation. This is done through the implementation of iterative review changes and updates that ensure ongoing relevance, up-to-date content, pedagogical soundness, and accuracy. Course Iterations Coordinators are responsible for documenting, consolidating and implementing ongoing changes to course presentations on the Online Campus (Moodle) based on feedback from external stakeholders (faculty, tutors and students), and internal presentation teams. They participate in and action urgent updates raised through the course queries process, and smaller tweaks/”hot fixes” arising out of the Quality Forum, as well as larger maintenance project work through reviews and evaluations. Success in this role is defined by one's ability to problem-solve while balancing academic, technological, and human concerns against tight delivery timelines.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Implement scheduled updates to course content (Evaluations, P1 reviews, time-sensitive reviews) by consulting with subject matter experts and/or the Head Tutor/Learning Facilitator to gather the necessary information and confirm the accuracy of the content changes.
- Manage, implement and resolve course queries (within 24 hours) and ad hoc changes through liaising directly with the production and presentation functions within the business, Head Tutors/Learning Facilitators and faculty as required.
RequirementsEducation and experience:
- Strong English language skills and experience in proofreading.
- Moodle or Learner Management System platform experience beneficial (entry- to mid-level).
- Computer literacy, including competence in using word processing and internet browsing applications, and email and online task management.
- Strong lateral thinking skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Good work ethic and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Passion and a 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to prioritise effectively under pressure.
- Course Iterations is a new function in the Learning Design team that combines Learning Design and Learning Technology expertise. You will need to be proactive in refining processes and systems, and manage ambiguity well.
- 2U is a fast-paced, high-pressured environment and you will be expected to keep up (while getting the necessary level of support). You are expected to be proactive, self-directing and to speak up when you need additional support.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with peers and leaders in production teams.
- We don’t micromanage. So, you have to diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompts and manage up appropriately.
- Things change all the time. 2U is a very dynamic environment which means that you will need the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Feedback forms part of the daily rhythms in the company and you will need to be receptive to providing and receiving continuous feedback.
Posted on 25 Jun 13:33
- Circulations Coordinator, Cape Town, Ramsay Media
- Office Coordinator, Cape Town, Observatory, Black River Park
- Brand Coordinator, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Customer Service/Production Coordinator - Printing Industry, Cape Town, Epping Industria
- Digital/Social Media Coordinator, Cape Town, Newlands, Claremont
- Brand Ambassador Coordinator, Cape Town, Montague Gardens, Tradeway Promotions
- Senior Course Iterations Coordinator, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Advertising Operations Coordinator, Cape Town, Observatory, GetSmarter, a brand of 2U, Inc.
- Marketing Coordinator, Cape Town, Goodwood
- Imports Merchandise Coordinator, Cape Town, Maitland
- International Sales Coordinator, Cape Town, Seapoint, Premier Hotels & Resorts
- Manager, Cape Town, Christian Art Distributors
- Talent Acquisition Administrator, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, Home Choice
- Property Administrator, Cape Town, Tokai
- Front of House / Member Administrator, Somerset West, Onyx Group Holdings
- SAP Logistics Functional Analyst, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Procurement Logistics Management, Cape Town, Parow, Intelligent Placement
- PA, Cape Town, Cardilogix
- Client Relations/Support, Cape Town, Trusted Interns
- Technical Support Agent (Remote Position), Cape Town
- Campaign Administrator/Manager, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Content Management Administrator, Cape Town, Gardens
- HR Administrator, Cape Town, Goodwood
- Regional Promotions Manager, Cape Town, Milnerton Area
- BI Administrator/Data Capturer, Somerset West, Onyx Group Holdings