|Get jobs on your |
Marketing Motion Designer
|Benefits:||Two complimentary online short courses per year, Medical Aid subsidy, on-site gym, discounted healthy meals and an in-house barista|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
Job descriptionThe main purpose of this role is to use motion graphics to create engaging and valuable video content that supports marketing KPI's and builds the brands of our university partners, 2U Inc and GetSmarter, with a focus on quality, efficiency and innovation.
This is achieved by managing and producing all assigned brand, marketing and communications motion graphic materials, including social posts, motion graphics for marketing videos, email, blog and banner animation, to the highest standard, as well as support senior and lead motion designers on high priority projects.
This position requires critical engagement with current motion design and marketing video production practices and proactively suggesting strategic improvements.
A mid-level motion designer must have demonstrable skills in animation, including a good sense of timing and rhythm, and the use of basic expressions. They must be excellent in After Effects as well as the graph editor, and have a basic understanding of either traditional or 3D animation. This position requires a conceptual and problem-solving ability.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Perform all motion design tasks from pre-production (graphics brainstorm meetings and storyboards with project stakeholders) through to execution, in an organised and well-communicated manner, with minimal supervision and reverts to produce content of good quality.
- Conceptualise complex motion graphics that solve a problem, support KPI’s and contribute to the strategic distribution of marketing and brand communications.
- Review their own work before sending for QA, and implementing peer and manager feedback to ensure continual growth and development, and best quality output. Give specific guidance/mentorship in area of expertise to junior motion designers.
- Proactively suggesting innovative ideas to help improve problem areas. Self-motivated upskilling and keeping up to date with motion design trends, new technologies and software, and sharing and presenting these learnings with the team to drive innovations and team development.
- Effective, clear and professional communications with internal and external project stakeholders. Good interpersonal skills and relationships with all team members that foster collaboration.
Company DescriptionGetSmarter, a wholly-owned subsidiary of 2U, Inc., is a digital education company that partners with the world's leading universities to select, design and deliver premium online short courses with a data-driven focus on learning gain.
Education and experience:
- Demonstrable skills in all aspects of motion design, particularly motion graphics
- Demonstrable excellence in After Effects, including the graph editor
- Demonstrable basic knowledge of expressions (wiggle, loop)
- A good sense of timing and rhythm in animation
- Basic understanding of either 3D or traditional animation
- Able to work in Adobe Illustrator
- Proof of conceptual work
- Professional written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrable regard and respect from peers/teachers/mentors
- Examples of initiatives taken in previous work/position
- Attention to detail
- Two+ years of relevant work experience
- Formal tertiary education in animation, visual communications or a similar field (can be substituted with years experience in a motion-related position)
- Relevant referees from peers/teachers/mentors
- Participate in training to ensure continuous development
Posted on 15 Apr 08:40
- Marketing Assistant, Stellenbosch, Ad Talent
- Operational Leader | Performance Marketing, Cape Town, Amplified Talent
- Head of Marketing, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Digital Copywriter | Performance Marketing, Cape Town, Amplified Talent
- Paid Social Specialist | Performance Marketing, Cape Town, Amplified Talent
- Intern Digital Marketing, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Marketing/CRM Strategist, Cape Town, Rondebosch
- Client Service Director - Marketing Research CT, Cape Town, CBD, LayerCake recruitment
- Senior Marketing Planner, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Marketing Services Manager, Cape Town, Sea Point, Premier Hotels & Resorts
- Telemarketing Agents - Loans, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, Home Choice
- Telemarketing Agents, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, Home Choice
- Telemarketing Agents, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Marketing/Development Opportunity, Cape Town, City Centre, Capital Growth
- Marketing Exec, Cape Town, City Bowl, Capital Growth
- Marketing Graduate Programme, Stellenbosch, Trusted Interns
- Sales & Marketing Assistant, Cape Town, Observatory, Tractor Outdoor
- Analyst - Marketing, Cape Town
- Digital Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Content Marketing/Social Media Specialist, Cape Town, CBD
- Mid-level Marketing Video Producer, Cape Town, GetSmarter
- Junior Digital Marketing Campaign Manager, Cape Town, Observatory, Black River Park, Lima Bean
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Marketing Planner, Southern Suburbs (Cape), Southern suburbs, Home Choice
- Marketing/Sales/Digital Coordinator, Cape Town, CBD
- Digital Marketing/Content Creator Internship, Cape Town, Trusted Interns
- Design Intern - Brand Marketing, Cape Town, Trusted Interns
- Digital Marketing Sales Executive, Cape Town, Tokai
- Marketing Acquisitions Manager I Sport, Cape Town, Amplified Talent