- Innovation and creativity in the time of Covid-19: Alternative ways of thinking and doing
- Coronavirus: 5 ways to be a better manager when working from home
- Bizcommunity takes business virtual, as usual
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R35000 - R42000 per month Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid/Provident Fund|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa|
Job descriptionThe Financial Planning Institute of Southern Africa NPC (FPI), a SAQA recognised professional body, is seeking the services of a skilled technical specialist, in our membership department, to assist in the delivery of quality technical services to our members; To write, manage and publish relevant technical articles; and to manage FPI’s volunteer competency committees.
The successful candidate will possess a qualification in financial planning. Proven prior experience within the financial services industry, in a technical or similar role is essential, as is a sound knowledge of the financial services industry.
The appointee will be responsible for inter alia, producing working templates, toolboxes and best practice approaches and standards for FPI members, together with following specific duties:
- Produce best practice technical working templates and toolboxes for members;
- Develop content and identify speakers for FPI CPD sessions;
- Develop, maintain and execute competency committee action plans annually;
- Manage competency committees and sub-committees outcome delivery;
- Collate a database of articles for technical use;
- Edit and rewrite portions of technical documents;
- Write original articles for the FPI databank and various other publications.
- Identify industry areas that require attention in the form of official FPI commentary;
- Research, write, manage, oversee and compile written FPI submissions;
- Provide administrative assistance and technical input where needed;
- Ensure that the FPI website is managed as a resource centre for members and updated on a regular basis;
- Conduct member surveys bi-annually;
- Aggregate and compile member surveys results and provide analysis;
- Manage the FPI editorial committee;
- Maintain existing and forge new relationships with other industry bodies in technical departments.
RequirementsEducation, experience, knowledge, skill and attributes:
- Matric minimum;
- Qualification (Degree/diploma) in financial planning;
- CFP® membership; and
- A least three years’ experience within the financial services industry, in a technical or similar role.
- Sound understanding/knowledge of the financial services industry;
- Computer literate (MS Word/Outlook/Excel/PowerPoint);
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently; and
- Ability to work under pressure.
Posted on 05 Mar 12:39