Social Media Coordinator and Designer
|Remuneration:||R8000 - R14000 per month to be discussed |
|Remote work:||Remote work allowed optional|
|Type:|| 10 - 15 ho|
|Reference:||#OCL Social Media ADH|
|Company:||Open Cities Lab|
Africa Data Hub, one of the projects of Open Cities Lab, a growing South African non-profit, is looking for a graphic designer and social media coordinator to create engaging and informative graphics for its social media platforms, write support copy for these posts, manage social media scheduling and upload posts daily, engage with the social media community by responding to queries and expand the reach of Africa Data Hub to journalists and related communities across the continent.
You’ll be the one to shape all visual aspects and think of creative ways to showcase the data, stories, resources and training we provide, promote events such as educational webinars that we host and engage with journalists and newsrooms in our community. Your graphics and message should capture the attention of those who see them and encourage our audience (journalists and newsrooms in Africa and beyond) to engage with the content. For this, you need to have a creative flair, a strong ability to translate requirements into design and copy and basic data-analytical skills. If you can communicate well and work methodically, we’d like to meet you.
Location is Flexible. We work remotely. You’ll need good, dependable broadband and your own computer or laptop.
Are you this person?
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Have you completed a diploma or degree in graphic design or marketing management, with a focus on digital, copywriting, public relations, brand strategy, or journalism?
- Do you have 2-4 years’ experience within an agency or as a freelancing social media manager/coordinator/designer?
- Have you worked independently without direct supervision from concept to creation?
- Do you have the ability to work in partnership to produce the best response to creative briefs in the desired digital medium and to the highest quality?
- Do you work well under pressure, have good time management and have been described by others as a multitasker, great problem solver, creative thinker and excellent communicator?
- Are you skilled in writing clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy?
- Do you understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets?
- Develop creative, engaging and informative social media strategies
- Design the graphics for all social media posts
- Write the support copy for all social media posts
- Manage the day-to-day handling and daily posting on all social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, adapting content to suit different channels
- Oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tools
- Form key relationships and build a community of journalists and newsrooms across the social media platforms
- Manage and facilitate our community of journalists and newsrooms by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Undertake audience research and monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics Research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity
- Recommend improvements to increase performance and engagement with our content
- Keep in regular contact with the Project’s communications lead so that they are informed and can approve content
- Work in conjunction with the team to identify reactive opportunities to inform creative content briefs
- A solid understanding of the use of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Strong English copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques
- To be competent with and utilise social media management tools to help deliver periodical reporting that focuses on the analysis of performance metrics to understand, question and illustrate actions to be taken moving forward
- Knowledge and understanding of algorithms and search engine optimisation
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- Strong communication and people skills for articulating ideas to colleagues
- Excellent team working, collaboration and networking skills
- Organisational, project and campaign management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Skills in data analysis and interpreting statistics to support the development of campaigns and posts around our data-centred work
- An eye for detail and the ability to work accurately
- Motivation and commitment.
- The ability to work remotely and comfortably in a global, virtual, highly diverse cross-cultural team.
At OCL we work to build inclusion and participatory democracy in cities and urban spaces through empowering citizens, building trust and accountability in civic space, and capacitating government.
Posted on 13 Dec 13:55, Closing date 20 Jan