Head of Product
|Remote work:||Only remote work|
|Job level:||Management (Snr - Executive, 5+ yrs)|
Job descriptionThe Role: Empower is looking for a head of product to oversee the development and scale of the Empower Africa Business Network web-based platform and mobile app.
- Own and define product strategy and roadmap for the Empower Africa Business Network website and mobile app
- Lead initiatives and collaborations with engineers, designers, and stakeholders from high-concept vision to actionable goals and tasks
- Build out and manage product team
- Write specifications and requirements; appraise new product ideas and/or product changes
- Work with Executive Team to execute new tiered product offering
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Drive product launches including working with the marketing team and executives
- Define KPI’s and measure the success of new features
We're a team of passionate and driven individuals living and working remotely across six countries and four continents: Botswana, Kenya, Netherlands, Israel, South Africa, and the USA. As the Head of Product, you will work remotely, with colleagues and stakeholders in multiple geographic locations.
- 5+ years of product management experience in a leadership capacity - including developing technical products in a high growth environment, from inception to delivery
- Experience building and managing a remote product team
- Familiarity with both the African and Global marketplaces
- A strong technical background with software development or technical management experience, and an understanding of the software development life cycle
- Computer Science or Engineering degree a strong plus
- App UI/UX understanding, design and enhancement is a plus
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems (e.g. Github)is a plus
- Knowledge of Project Management Systems (e.g. Jira, Monday.com, etc) is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence others, resolve conflict, and act as Product Owner within a Product Delivery Team
- Excellent written, verbal, web, and face-to-face communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities and decision-making capabilities
- Creatively contribute to strategic and tactical plans
- Constantly curious and passionate about economic growth in Africa
Empower Africa is building the future of networking on the African Continent.
In early 2021, we launched the Empower Africa Business Network: the first platform designed to facilitate information exchange, networking, premium thought leadership and verified economic opportunities for the African business ecosystem. The EABN enables global leaders, private businesses, government entities and professionals to connect and create long term value with Africa-based projects. Members can source vetted business opportunities, deliver deal flow, and provide research and content to the benefit of one another.
Posted on 12 Oct 16:37, Closing date 11 Dec