|Get jobs on your |
Our client, specilising in the chemical industry, is looking to employ an experienced workshop superintendent in Merebank, Durban.
If you do not fit the specification with the minimum requirements your application will not be accepted for this position. Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete an assessment or test to demonstrate your knowledge of this position.
- Diploma or BTech in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Five to 10 years’ relevant experience in a chemical manufacturing environment or similar
- Government certificate of competency would be an added advantageous
- Must be computer literate and must have SAP knowledge
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Solid supervisory experience and ability to motivate team members
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong technical knowledge and problem solving abilities
- Ensure that all machinery and equipment is maintained, serviced, and kept in good working order at all times, ensuring minimum plant downtime
- Analyse and identify under-performing machinery and equipment and put measures in place to increase optimisation
- Evaluation of mechanical maintenance spares and ensure that minimum stock levels are maintained
- Provide technical support to line management and participate in project teams
- Ensure proper planned mechanical maintenance and conduct preventative maintenance and root cause problem-solving
- Effectively deal with mechanical breakdowns and ensure optimum availability vs downtime
- Implement corrective action plans and implementation strategy from audit findings
- Prepare and present incident reports to management
- Be actively involved in developing and reviewing JSAs, procedures and other relevant documents supervision of contractors on-site
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members
- Perform standby duties as required
Only South African citizens, who are suitably qualified, live in the applicable area and meet the requirements of the position are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Please take note: if you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Visit our website to view all of our current vacancies: www.mprtc.co.za
Posted on 27 Nov 09:39
The most essential and important resource any company can possess will undoubtedly be the talent that they employ. This is where MPRTC is crucial, in that we specialise in the most diverse and complex resource; we supply people, the right people, for your company.
|Recent jobs by MPRTC Recruitment||City||Date posted|
|Sales Representative||Nelspruit||18 Dec 15:02|
|Finance Director||Cape Town||18 Dec 14:36|
|Finance Clerk||Cape Town||18 Dec 14:34|
|Furniture Warehouse Assistant||Durban||18 Dec 14:07|
|Furniture Sales Consultant||Durban||18 Dec 14:05|
|Stores Clerk||Ogies||18 Dec 12:07|
|Designated Manager||Nelspruit||18 Dec 10:49|
|Key Shop Administrator||Johannesburg||18 Dec 10:48|
|External Sales Representative||Durban||18 Dec 09:15|
|Marketing Manager||Sandton||18 Dec 09:14|