|Get jobs on your |
Technical QA Tester
|Location:||Cape Town, Northern Suburbs|
Job descriptionForm part of the Test Centre of Excellence, assisting Scrum teams with work delivery and ad hoc consultation when required. Able to utilise and implement technical testing skills in line with the Test Centre of Excellence roadmap (BDD using Specflow / API Testing using Postman / AWS).
RequirementsKey Performance Areas:
- Attend JAD sessions and provide relevant and constructive feedback with regards to solution design.
- Work with Technical Test Specialist and Scrum Teams to design, implement and maintain a regression testing framework and strategy.
- Identify impacts across functional areas/teams during planning and design sessions.
Systems and Integration Testing
- Develop system level Integration testing approach when required.
- Work with scrum teams to develop Integration test approaches.
- Analyse root causes of Integration issues and provide corrective actions
- Identify and liaise with external stakeholders with regards to systems integration testing (example Compcorp, Hyphen etc).
- Assist with End to End testing across projects that spans multiple teams.
- Assist with Systems testing (planning and execution) when required.
- Work with Scrum teams / TCoE with regards to defining and requisitioning future test environment requirements, including physical, virtual and cloud based solutions.
- Assist with management of test environments, including maintenance thereof and flow of code.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced testing staff and may be responsible for the management of test analysts.
- Recommending new tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement in technical testing processes. (Example – Postman for API Testing, Google Page Speed insights for web page responsiveness etc
- Assist in identifying and preparation of test data in support of full Integration testing life cycle.
- Ensure test data requirements are defined and implemented successfully prior to test execution phase per sprint.
- Ensure environments are always up to date with regards to test data.
- Communicate with 3rd parties (example – Credit Bureaus) to ensure test data is requested timeously, is relevant and up to date on the non-production environments.
- 3-year tertiary qualification in a relevant financial/IT related field of study
- ISTQB Foundation Certification in Software Testing
- ISTQB Advanced (Test Analyst or Technical Test Analyst) Test Certification in Software Testing
- Agile (Scrum) Certification (advantageous)
- More than 3 years’ experience in the Software Testing discipline.
- Minimum 2 years in a technical testing role.
- More than 1-year exposure to an agile development methodology (example Scrum).
- More than 1 years’ experience in BDD (Specflow / Gherkin)
- At least a year working with Cloud Computing environments (AWS)
- Proven track record of testing complex systems integrations.
- Thorough experience and understanding of structured test methods and processes.
- Good knowledge of test types (System Integration Testing, Regression Testing).
- Ability to mentor junior team members from a technical perspective, within the constraints of an Agile methodology.
- Must have solid experience as a technical tester (example - testing databases and api’s, knowledge of automation frameworks).
- Advanced level of SQL knowledge, including being able to compose SQL database scripts required to interrogate SQL DB.
- Experience with client/server type application landscape. (SQL Server, .Net, C#), both web based and desktop GUI.
- Some knowledge of C# will be advantageous.
- Quality and Detail Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Information Gathering and Problem Analysis
Posted on 11 Jan 13:45
Capfin is the South African brand of the global Southern View Finance (SVF) group of companies, based in the northern suburbs of the Western Cape. The SVF Group of companies conducts an international unsecured lending business, offering technologically driven, responsible and friendly loan products to the mass market.
|Recent jobs by Capfin||City||Date posted|
|Product Owner - Document Vetting||Cape Town||16 Jan 10:21|
|Technical QA Tester||Cape Town||11 Jan 13:45|
|Technical QA Tester||Cape Town||11 Jan 13:39|
|Enterprise Data/Analytics Manager||Cape Town||07 Jan 09:36|
|Product Owner - Document Vetting||Cape Town||03 Jan 20:07|
|IT Quality Test Analyst||Cape Town||24 Dec 11:14|
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing, Media, PR, IT and Digital.Lynn: 082 802 4441
Specialists in Tech & Marketing recruitmentJackie: 072 487 3387
Nova: 073 393 9731